Is there a place to get the HD650 cable besides the Sennheiser store?
Aug 19, 2008 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Chu

1000+ Head-Fier
I am having intermittency problem with my HD600 and after perusing the forums and some fiddling I'm 90% sure the cable is to blame, doubly so after I tried swapping the L and R ends and now have intermittency problem on both sides
angry_face.gif

Ordered a replacement from the Sennheiser store, and got a note back that it's backordered and to expect it between 6-8 weeks. Anyone know someplace online that carries the OEM cable that has it in stock right now? That wait would kill me!

Aug 19, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ugh . . . they're charging almost 4x OEM price, and about 2x my real cost including Sennheiser's shipping costs
frown.gif
That's ridiculous.

What for a standard sennheiser hd600 cable? Im sure i didnt pay that much for mine. Unless they have gone up in price. I bought the hd650 in the end. Its supposed to be a bit of an upgrade.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 11
No HD600 cables on eBay, HD650 cables are about $40 with shipping. It's a bit under $20 with shipping direct from Sennheiser for the HD650, and a bit under $30 for the HD600.

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 11
Try HeadRoom.com (link to the left...) or Audioadvisor.com. They have them for like $25.

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #8 of 11
Only about 4 years old, but they have over 1000 hours on them. I didn't see anything about that searching for HD600 intermittency problems, any chance you remember the thread title about it, or better words to search?

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #10 of 11
Thanks for the link.

I think something is very very wrong with my HD600s now
frown.gif
Tried the fix, did nothing.

Then tried plugging the two-tipped connector into the spring where it normally wouldn't go i.e. a very solid mechanical connection. Nothing. Tried touching the connector directly to the drive lead wires. Nothing
frown.gif

This is my 2nd pair of HD600's, the first pair also died to a mechanical problem. There is someone on the forum who fixes them for a fee, anyone know who the user is? For some reason his PMs are no longer in my box.

It still bugs me though that both drivers broke essentially at once. That's a huge longshot for a coincidence.

EDIT : If you read this since before this edit, the drivers still work. It's just *REALLY* hard to get an actual connection. And a bit of base rattle is gone since a hair that somehow got lodged under the plastic voice coil shield was removed.

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 11
Time to send the units to the factory for service. This is an after the fact comment but if you were to purchase a set of Koss ESP950 phones which I believe are on par with a Stax Lambda (the phones not the drive) you might be very please especially once you got the drive issues dealt with (a new amp). The good part is that Koss will repair your phones forever no questions no charge. They will repair a uesd pair just as well. Takin care of bidness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back