Is there a headphone that can provide more bass than the Sony XB500?
Jul 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bassheadspl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i am just wondering if there a headphone that can provide more bass than the Sony XB500 headphones? Lots of bassheads consider the XB500 because of there big bass impact and vibrations, but i just wondering if there is a headphone that can provide more bass than the XB500?

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 9
XB500 EQ'd? 

The LCD2 can also take something stupid like 12 watts of continuous power, meaning you can EQ as much bass as your heart desires out of it, but you need a very powerful amp with lots and lots of overhead.

If you're looking for pure vibrations and not bass, then beats studio has a very flimsy frame that rumbles on your head when you give it a bassy song and EQ.  Skullcandy skullcrushers actually have vibrators inside of them.

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 9
The xb1000's have more sub bass than any other in the xb line, more so than even the LCD 2 even, but it oesnt really have that mid bass punch that the xb500 and othe bass oriented headphones have.

Songs like cookie monsta's ginger pubes or dead prez hip hop which have long rumbling bass lines make the xb1000 nearly rumble off your skull with no eq. But songs lacking strong sub bass notes will seem like xb1000 has weaker bass than other phones you may have used.

The way the xb500 and xb1000 handle bass is totally different, xb500 is more in your face, its the closest you can get to car subwoofer bass, the xb 1000 is tighter more refined bass with significantly less bass overall but dominates in how the bass is presented in terms of quality and in my eyes is the undisputed king of sub bass

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
The xb1000's have more sub bass than any other in the xb line, more so than even the LCD 2 even, but it oesnt really have that mid bass punch that the xb500 and othe bass oriented headphones have.

Songs like cookie monsta's ginger pubes or dead prez hip hop which have long rumbling bass lines make the xb1000 nearly rumble off your skull with no eq. But songs lacking strong sub bass notes will seem like xb1000 has weaker bass than other phones you may have used.

The way the xb500 and xb1000 handle bass is totally different, xb500 is more in your face, its the closest you can get to car subwoofer bass, the xb 1000 is tighter more refined bass with significantly less bass overall but dominates in how the bass is presented in terms of quality and in my eyes is the undisputed king of sub bass

Great suggestions, but the XB1000 are hard to get hold of these days!

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
XB500 EQ'd? 

The LCD2 can also take something stupid like 12 watts of continuous power, meaning you can EQ as much bass as your heart desires out of it, but you need a very powerful amp with lots and lots of overhead.

If you're looking for pure vibrations and not bass, then beats studio has a very flimsy frame that rumbles on your head when you give it a bassy song and EQ.  Skullcandy skullcrushers actually have vibrators inside of them.

Yep i EQ my xb500, but still looking for more bass!

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #8 of 9
At this point, are you even listening to the music, or just the bass? Bass is logarithmically one-third of the audio spectrum, but is only about 1/100th of the actual audio spectrum linearly (in other words, you're putting intense focus on a very tiny part of the actual music experience). Why do you need so much bass?

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #9 of 9
I loved my Xb 700s for the longest time, they where a happy meduim in between the 500 and 700, Mid Bass slammed nicely [cans where not tight enough to wobble really well though] and ofc Sub bass was Louder than the Xb 1000 [more FrqResponse] but not as deep due to the smaller drivers

So if you can find a cheap xb 700 that might work, and if you like loud music the XB 700 pushes some nasty bass when you crank it out of a little ole e11  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back