Is there a headphone out there with the same sound signature as the Sony MDR-1R, only more refined?
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 9
  I can't find any place to buy them in the Netherlands..

And did you try them out?

Well, it seems like the MK2 version of the Sony MDR 1R is a well kept secret.

Sony let it be known, that they IMPROVED on the Sony MDR 1R with the MK2 Version..

Just a few, the MK2 version has better bass, and what was important to me in the BT verison, was that the MK2 included the aptx coding. There are other areas that the MK2 improved on too. However, it seems like Sony is/was being stingy on offering the MK2..I am in the USA, Bestbuy and all the vendors in the USA don't carry the MK2..In fact it is "gray market" to me. .However, the improvement was so much over the earlier verison, that I went and ordered one from an overseas vendor. I did my research on the vendor, and it was all good. I researched on what would happen if I needed warranty work on the MK2 version, and was given a full explanation on  how that would be handled. Along with that info and a super price, I ordered the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2... Needless to say , the MK2 verison headphones have been  perfect for me in everyway.

I said all that to say, unless you are in Japan, you will have to order them from an overseas vendor..There are some on Amazon selling them, and I went to AccessoryJack which I am well satisified, with their service and delivery time, which was all of about 9 to 10 days..

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #5 of 9
  Well, it seems like the MK2 version of the Sony MDR 1R is a well kept secret.

Sony let it be known, that they IMPROVED on the Sony MDR 1R with the MK2 Version..

Just a few, the MK2 version has better bass, and what was important to me in the BT verison, was that the MK2 included the aptx coding. There are other areas that the MK2 improved on too. However, it seems like Sony is/was being stingy on offering the MK2..I am in the USA, Bestbuy and all the vendors in the USA don't carry the MK2..In fact it is "gray market" to me. .However, the improvement was so much over the earlier verison, that I went and ordered one from an overseas vendor. I did my research on the vendor, and it was all good. I researched on what would happen if I needed warranty work on the MK2 version, and was given a full explanation on  how that would be handled. Along with that info and a super price, I ordered the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2... Needless to say , the MK2 verison headphones have been  perfect for me in everyway.

I said all that to say, unless you are in Japan, you will have to order them from an overseas vendor..There are some on Amazon selling them, and I went to AccessoryJack which I am well satisified, with their service and delivery time, which was all of about 9 to 10 days..

Did the mids and highs of the MK2 improve aswell, if so, in what way did the mids and highs improve?

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 9
  Did the mids and highs of the MK2 improve aswell, if so, in what way did the mids and highs improve?

Can only go by  what I have read on that, for the simple reason, I have never had the Sony MDR 1RBT, the earlier version.. Everything I read about the MK2, states that they improve almost everything from the earlier version.. 

Here is one of the feedbacks I read from somebody that had both, the Sony MDR 1RBT, and the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2..

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/best-cheap-over-ear-headphones-sale/31vi5GYlj60

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 9
  Can only go by  what I have read on that, for the simple reason, I have never had the Sony MDR 1RBT, the earlier version.. Everything I read about the MK2, states that they improve almost everything from the earlier version.. 

Here is one of the feedbacks I read from somebody that had both, the Sony MDR 1RBT, and the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2..

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/best-cheap-over-ear-headphones-sale/31vi5GYlj60

Hmm alright thanks. I don't want the BT or NC version, I just want the version with the best sound.

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #8 of 9
  Hmm alright thanks. I don't want the BT or NC version, I just want the version with the best sound.

Okay, from what I read, get the MK2 version, they are an improvement over the plain Sony MDR 1R.

Price seems to be down too, and available...

http://www.amazon.com/SONY-Stereo-headphones-black-MDR-1RMK2/dp/B00FJISYG0

Now, I don't know which has the best sound between the BT, NC or plain... But, the MK2 is the upgrade, that is the important part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back