Is There a Difference?
Nov 5, 2002 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

williamgoody

Banned
Ok, I'm curious. I've read about how there may be a difference between the Sennheiser 580's and 600's. Let's come to a decision. Decide basing your selection on what they would sound like using stock cables, using the same amp, same source, and same music for both. Discussion on why you feel so is encouraged. Enjoy.

Nov 5, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 4
Personally, I think that there is, but only when you crank up the cost of the amp... cheaper amp / source = no difference IMO, and I have compared the two... and found them indistinguishable...

Not with a Blockhead or a Sugden though........

Nov 5, 2002 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Is There a Difference?

Yes
Quote:

Discussion on why you feel so is encouraged.

It's not something I feel, but something I hear and see. They look and sound different, so my startling conclusion is that they are different. To quantify the difference, were I to choose between the two I'd take the HD600 rather than the extra $100 in cash.
Quote:

Let's come to a decision.

I have. That's why I haven't sold my HD600 and bought another HD580.

Nov 5, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
Ok, I'm curious. I've read about how there may be a difference between the Sennheiser 580's and 600's. Let's come to a decision. Decide basing your selection on what they would sound like using stock cables, using the same amp, same source, and same music for both. Discussion on why you feel so is encouraged. Enjoy.

Hi.
There is a small difference between them. I had both pair in my house last year and was changing back and forth between them.
The 580's are a bit looser and fuzzier sounding.
The 600's are tighter and more precise sounding, a little more clear.
They are really pretty close.
If you are using average, lower cost gear, the 580's are fine.
If you are going to get some high end stuff get the 600's.
Simple as dat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back