Is there a difference in sound quality between Windows and Linux?
Dec 19, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #46 of 49
in moode you can make it very easy permanent in adding "CPUAffinity = 3" to the systemd service config, maybe your setup also uses systemd to keep mpd running
if you wanna go a step further use "isolcpu=" in the cmdline boot file to fully isolate the cpu core (from the rest of the system) you use for mpd, but you will loose load balancing on the isolated cores
Done and done. Thanks, just had to track down where debian had put the service file (/lib/systemd/system/mpd.service). Don't really care about load balancing. This partition has one priority, and that's great sound!

Dec 20, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #47 of 49
JRiver has Linux distro.

To avoid complexity I have used an Android TV Box + UAPP as streamer for years.

A dedicated streamer will free you with OS complexities (well to certain degree if you are very picky).

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #48 of 49
JRiver has Linux distro.

To avoid complexity I have used an Android TV Box + UAPP as streamer for years.

A dedicated streamer will free you with OS complexities (well to certain degree if you are very picky).
I too think Jriver is the best media player for Ubuntu. It goes directly through (ALSA) to play the music from your dac, and there is the bitstream in dsd, so no modification to listen from your dac. By the way there is no more driver on a mac than on linux, both do not support DSD natively and only accept the dop format. One thing is certain, it's Jriver that I've been using for a few years, both on Windows and on Ubuntu, and it's going very well!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran du 2023-01-03 21-02-10.png
    Capture d’écran du 2023-01-03 21-02-10.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back