Is there a difference between IC's and LOC's???
Jan 26, 2008 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JVOBIKER

Head-Fier
guys,

i just got my alessandro ms1s and my minibox e+ and i was all jazzed up bout connecting it to the line out on my mac mini but im not getting any sound. the minibox comes with an interconnect cable but do i instead need a "line-out" cable? i thought the line out just bypasses the internal amp?

EDIT: k...i just tried it on the ipod dock again and its working. still doesnt work for my mac though

Jan 26, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by JVOBIKER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys,

i just got my alessandro ms1s and my minibox e+ and i was all jazzed up bout connecting it to the line out on my mac mini but im not getting any sound. the minibox comes with an interconnect cable but do i instead need a "line-out" cable? i though they were the same thing? i even tried it from the line-out on my ipod dock and i dont hear anything.

Any cable with mini jacks at each end should work fine.

You have several variables at play here . You need to isolate them and test each.

headphones - can you test them with another source, plug them into the headphone socket of your ipod you should get some sound

cable - can you borrow another mini to mini cable

amp - connected correctly ?, powered correctly ?, switched on ?

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 3
turns out the mini only has a headphone out/digital out port and i was plugging the amp into the digital in port thinking it was a line out. guess i have to deal with ipod dock line out for now and get a usb dac eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back