Is there a cable upgrade for the Etymotic er4s?
Apr 2, 2003 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

venzuel00

100+ Head-Fier
After applying the earhugger mod, I was satisfy that I was able to reduce microphonic noise but one thing still bother me, comfort. I just like the idea of not feeling my earbuds on my ear while listening to music for a long time. I was wondering if anyone has come up with something better than the Fixup cable.

Apr 2, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by venzuel00
After applying the earhugger mod, I was satisfy that I was able to reduce microphonic noise but one thing still bother me, comfort. I just like the idea of not feeling my earbuds on my ear while listening to music for a long time. I was wondering if anyone has come up with something better than the Fixup cable.

venzuel,

I'm not sure what you're meaning.. the cable, any replacement cable, will reduce microphonic noise, (as does the earhugger mod). However, what do you mean by not feeling your earbuds on your ear? This doesn't seem like something a cable upgrade will fix..

Thanks...

Apr 3, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 6
what I meant was that although the earhuggers help reduce the microphonic noise, it did not provide maximum comfort because of having the earhuggers around my ears for a long time (u feel the phones pressing up your ears, this is the feeling i tried to describe) This is not usually the case when using the stock cables without the earhuggers but again microphonic noise is present.

Apr 3, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 6
I have mine modded so that I put them in the same way as unmodded. I have enough slack so I can then loop the cable upwards, then into the earhugger clip, over my ear, and down. This allows me to put it in like normal, and still have the benefits of the earhugger.

It looks somewhat funny, though.. sorta like big, black earrings..
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2003 at 2:11 AM Post #5 of 6
I might try the er4s dome tip mod now. But overall, I'm quite satisfied with the earhuggers cuz it didn't bother me much today when I went to the weightroom and did some jogging. Before I used to keep plugging the etys earbud back in to my ears everytime i didn't get a good seal after when jogging or doing a jumping set.

Apr 3, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by venzuel00
I might try the er4s dome tip mod now. But overall, I'm quite satisfied with the earhuggers cuz it didn't bother me much today when I went to the weightroom and did some jogging. Before I used to keep plugging the etys earbud back in to my ears everytime i didn't get a good seal after when jogging or doing a jumping set.

I might try that too.. but I'm not bothered much by occlusions, so I'm not as excited for that mod yet..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back