Is there a brick & mortar location in the Los Angeles Area to buy ipod LOD & DAC's
Jul 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

The Fed

100+ Head-Fier
I am a longtime lurker first time poster here. i took the plunge with an Alo Audio Continental amp andq am uterrly bewildered by the online options for line out docks and usb dacs... i would like to find an la area shop that sells FiiO or other LOD's and some in stock Dac options

Any socal members know of such a place?

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Fair enough. I've mental circuits have been in online option overload for the past few days and I thought a brick and mortar shop would be a nice alternative. Seems like pro music shops are the closest thing.... but not quite.

I will check out the options on ebay, thank you. 

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 6
That's unfortunate, actually, I never seen a LOD in a audio shop on the street. They are only sold on the internet. So I think ebay is the best option for an affortable LOD with nice looks and quality. Good luck with your search. 

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah there were some interconnects there that were close, but none that did exactly what I needed... iPod LOD to mini and mini to mini. 
It's also a niche market though and I guess I would rather it stay way. Otherwise big corporations like Monster and Rocketdog will drive the cottage industry companies like Qables, DHC, Whiplash and ALO into the margins.

Inconvenient I suppose, but at least it still has a soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back