Is there a bit perfect 44.1 usb card w/ coax out?
Jul 6, 2004 at 5:07 PM Post #17 of 22
Hehe, this has been going round and round
smily_headphones1.gif
One would've thought that someone would've snapped up this opportunity and produce something, pretty incredible that there is no easy, cheap solution.

It seems to me that the only way forward in the near future is DIY, with something like the PCM2704, unfortunately the project on the DIY forum uses the PCM2702 which does not support digital out.

Unless of course somebody announces something soon...

Jul 12, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #18 of 22
I just found this card: Zalman ZM-RSSC
Based on a review I've found, I'm fairly sure its generic USB-audio compatible, so it should work in Linux, but I have no answer on the bit-perfect question. I've posted something to their forums and I'll let you all know if they reply. Its bus-powered and has coax AND toslink outputs, so it just might be the holy grail I've been after. Also, its selling on ebay for $50.
Has anyone tried this card?

Jul 12, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #19 of 22
Checked out the ESI Waveterminal U24? Coax and optical inputs and outputs, a pair of stereo output and a pair of stereo input - USB bus powered too, if I'm not mistaken ...
eggosmile.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #20 of 22
That's a lot like mine.

The 1/4 inch analog outputs on the U2A and U24 are useless, but at least it can accept two soundcards, one coax and one optical, and route them to the DAC. Of course, it is also expected to be a bitperfect soundcard on its own through ASIO.

However I think these are older standard USB devices. Mine doesn't turn on after the computer has been in standby.

u2a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back