Is Their a Good Sounding Portable Headphone that Rivals the Sennheiser PX100 & Koss Porta Pros?
May 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
Is Their a Good Sounding Portable Headphone that Rivals the Sennheiser PX100 & Koss Porta Pros?

It has to sound just as good or better & be extremely portable?

The Grados Sr60 are good sounding but are mid sized cans & not ultra portable.

But is their something out there that is & i don't know about?

No IEMS, No Full Size Cans, No Mid Size Cans.

May 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 15
i much prefer the ksc-35 to the px-100. Havet heard the porta pros myself

May 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by D_4_Dog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i much prefer the ksc-35 to the px-100. Havet heard the porta pros myself

The KSC-35 is the same as the Porta-Pro except ear clips in place of headband. The drivers are the same. The Porta-Pro is a little bassier than the KSC-35 because the headband pushes the drivers closer to the ear.

May 29, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 15
Really tough to top IMO.

I have/had the PX100, KSC75 (un-modded+modded), KSC35 (un-modded+modded), Porta Pro, SR60, and plenty of IEM's.

They Porta Pro and PX100 are very hard to top IMO. I use them at work when I want the freedom of walking around with a DAP in my pocket, not hooked up to my portable amp.

I haven't found ANYTHING to take their place yet. Their comfort, weight, size, portability, sound... etc. just is un-matched so for.

Best of luck in your searches.

May 29, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This one will own all other portables.

You forgot about the ESW11JPN.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #9 of 15
The Audio Technica "portables" are too expensive and nice to be used as a comparo to sub $100.00 portable headphones.

I consider a portable headphone something that you wouldn't mind wearing wherever/whenever with out being worried about scratching them. Easy and cheap to replace foam earpads etc.

May 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 15
Starsky5000,

I am one of those Headfiers that are dead against people that recommend headphones that they have only read about. I state this as I have not heard the HD238 an I am not recommending them, just making you aware of them. You can read a bit about them from Headfiers that have heard them in the portable section of this forum. They are priced around ES7 and the like and are fast gaining popularity. They are open like PX100, suposedly much better SQ and not a lot bigger than say a Bose on ear. Hope that helps give you another option to explore. There is also a closed option HD228 I think.

May 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #11 of 15
I love the AKG K26P from their "mini" series. Closed back, isolation pads, small and lightweight. Great, full sound for portable devices. I believe they were replaced (renamed?) with the K414P, (and now replaced by the more expensive K450) but both are still available.

May 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #13 of 15
Well if you want portability this is the only one that has good SQ:

504x_headphones052809.jpg

(Got pict from gizmodo)

May 29, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Sennheiser MX760 sounds better than the PX100, and I was a fan of that for a long time.

There are several buds and lots of IEMS out there, but I think you will find the OP is looking for "small" headphones, not large, not mid, and not IEMS.

May 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are several buds and lots of IEMS out there, but I think you will find the OP is looking for "small" headphones, not large, not mid, and not IEMS.

Eh, I figured they'd be worth a mention since they're not IEMs and sound very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back