Is the supposed dgrade in sound quality of the new ipod that noticable?
May 22, 2003 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gastro54

100+ Head-Fier
hey all, im in the market for a new HD mp3 player. I currently have an imp-350. Now i have been loooking at the new 10gb ipod and have heard that the sound quality is not as good as the previous generations or as good as the nomad zen... Now im definately not as hardcore as some as the members on this forum and my ears are not as tuned... I will be runninf either the V6, moddded koss plugs, or ksc-35 off the player that im getting. I like the ocmments about the good sound quality of the zen but am turned off by the small lcd and somewhat clunky looking interface.. i mainly listen to techno if that helps...

any opinions?

May 23, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 4
There is no difference in the sound quality between the two generations: ampifier is identical in output.

The only thing I could think of that would degrade SLIGHTLY the quality would be a lesser voltage in newer battery compared to the old one, as it is noticably smaller, but I think it's just less capacity, not less voltage.

This sound degradation must be psychological.

May 23, 2003 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by gastro54
Now i have been loooking at the new 10gb ipod and have heard that the sound quality is not as good as the previous generations or as good as the nomad zen...

There is NO difference in sound quality between the original iPods and the new ones.

As for the Zen vs. iPod, that's a hotly-debated topic. I've heard both and although they sound slightly different, neither is IMO better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back