is the stax lambda nova basic system any good ?
Jan 16, 2017 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

headphone dwarf

Head-Fier
i was browsing my at my local flee market and i saw these head phones for 100 euros and i was wondering if they where any good and if they are cheap or expensive  .
i pretty new to hi fi so dont realy know what to expect the only headphone own is a sennheiser hd 580
i hope someone can tell me

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi, are you talking about the system or the headphones only.  If it's the headphone only grab it, if it's the system grab it with both hands. This was my entry into the stax world, I dont know of Senn 580, but the 650 is in the stax's league, if amped adequately. You will hear large open airy music, with clarity and authority. Even if it's not your cup of tea, you can sell for twice the price. Isn't there somewhere near to plug it in and try it?  Anyway go for it on condition that it works, or you bring it back.
Seller should know if it works antway you just plug it in and feed it some music.

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Jan 16, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 9
Electrostatic headphones are totally different than what you are use to so if you get them give them a week before you make a judgement on them as the brain needs some time to adjust. You will find they are not bass heavy but very open and accurate with awesome detail they will show a bad recording pretty quick doesn't mean you have to have all high rez music by no means just well recorded stuff.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #8 of 9
I have bought them and listen to them today and they sound great very open and i would say big sounding
the only bad thing i could say about them is that the pads suck they are wel not stiff but realy sweaty and i cant wear the headphones for longer than 3 hours but i am thinking of replacing them with somthing else

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 9
I have bought them and listen to them today and they sound great very open and i would say big sounding
the only bad thing i could say about them is that the pads suck they are wel not stiff but realy sweaty and i cant wear the headphones for longer than 3 hours but i am thinking of replacing them with somthing else
Don't know if they make velour pads for Stax I think just leather or pleather but don't know for sure. Glad you like the sound it was a really good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back