Is the sony rh1 the best sounding player readily available?
Sep 30, 2006 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

citywithoutmetal

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a dap that whips the ipod shuffles ass in sound quality..
I'll be hooking it up with an iem(most likely the triple .fi)
The player needs a replacable battery, and readily available, that's it.

Sep 30, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal
I'm looking for a dap that whips the ipod shuffles ass in sound quality..
I'll be hooking it up with an iem(most likely the triple .fi)
The player needs a replacable battery, and readily available, that's it.

i know som1 whos been using d RH1 fer acouple of months now. he raves about it. says d music quality kills any of the mp3 rigs on the market 2day. iz has a true lineout not 2mention amazing recording capabilities.

i'v been seriously tempted to get myself 1. onli thing stopping me is "do i need another DAP??" hi-md disks r abit costly IMO n iz onli 1gb capacity. tats about d onli downside to it. goodluck

Sep 30, 2006 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottiebabie
i know som1 whos been using d RH1 fer acouple of months now. he raves about it. says d music quality kills any of the mp3 rigs on the market 2day. iz has a true lineout not 2mention amazing recording capabilities.

i'v been seriously tempted to get myself 1. onli thing stopping me is "do i need another DAP??" hi-md disks r abit costly IMO n iz onli 1gb capacity. tats about d onli downside to it. goodluck

[size=medium]fo' shizzle my nizzle!![/size]

on some message boards you get kicked out for that kind of writing......

Sep 30, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 18
how is this compared to imod iPod?

Oct 1, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

I feel as if writing like this would actually take more effort than writing in proper English, if only to come up with creative misspellings for every single word.

Possibly the worst post I've ever seen.

Oct 1, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
I feel as if writing like this would actually take more effort than writing in proper English, if only to come up with creative misspellings for every single word.

I wonder why people add useless comments that don't contribute to the topic of discussion. His post was on point and answered the op's question; yours is the worst post that I have ever seen because it is completely unrelated and off-topic. Get over yourself.

@op, I would look at the h1xx series with rockbox it pretty much trounces everything with optical out and support for nearly every audio codec out. With an amp and a dac you too can have a transportable abomination
evil_smiley.gif
. The headphone out is a bit fuzzy sounding because of the low s/n ratio, but other then that it is a pretty killer only for audio player.

Oct 1, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

d00d u r zo c00l

Thanks for giving me a headache.

Oct 1, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
I wonder why people add useless comments that don't contribute to the topic of discussion. His post was on point and answered the op's question; yours is the worst post that I have ever seen because it is completely unrelated and off-topic. Get over yourself.

Objectively speaking, maybe added information to the topic, but it still was physically and emotionally painful for me to read. What compels someone to type like that?

Oct 1, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #10 of 18
@ The_X and Computerpro3, thank you for furthering the topic of discussion, if the op used text speak maybe he would get more on topic replies. Go Go grammar police.

@on-topic, to op, what type of form factor are you considering because a flash type dap maybe in order. Maybe a nano with rockbox?

Oct 1, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 18
scottiebabie says,
Quote:

LOL
evil_smiley.gif

The_X say,
Quote:

LOL x 2
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Keep up the good work!

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #12 of 18
I've been using an RH1 for a few months now myself. Hands down beats anything I've ever used, including my one-year-old Sony HD5 (although perhaps not by much). I don't use the remote at all: when I first got the unit, I used the remote to set up a personal EQ that I just stick with. The changes stay on the unit, so you don't need the remote anymore. I use PX200s or E4Cs with it as well.

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
...it still was physically and emotionally painful for me to read. What compels someone to type like that?

I think the general style comes from kids who do lots of text messaging... they communicate via text on tiny cellphone screens, and so look for ways to save letters so they have to scroll less to read messages. For example "r u bak?" takes 8 characters, while "Are you back?" takes 13, so the pseudo-phonetics cuts the message size by 40% with no info loss. For one line like that, it doesn't matter, but for longer messages it does. However, there are some people who combine this style with ignorance of spelling and/or who spell incorrectly in ways that do not save letters but instead just have the superficial appearance of the new text-messaging idiom. They want to be perceived as part of that club.

Personally, I find some of the text-messaging idiom to be creative and efficient. If you text message alot, your brain gets used to it, so it's not hard to read. I also think it's rude for people to use that mode of typing when they are not text-messaging. It forces everybody else who is not accustomed to reading that way to work extra hard to read their stuff, so on message boards or in email, I think it's just selfish and inconsiderate.

Oct 1, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by chatoyer
I've been using an RH1 for a few months now myself. Hands down beats anything I've ever used, including my one-year-old Sony HD5 (although perhaps not by much). I don't use the remote at all: when I first got the unit, I used the remote to set up a personal EQ that I just stick with. The changes stay on the unit, so you don't need the remote anymore. I use PX200s or E4Cs with it as well.

I assume you don't use groups or/and only use PCM or something. As navigation large collections with out the remote would be a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back