Is the Sony NW-A35 still worth buying?
May 3, 2021 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Krysztof

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I found an ad for a barely used Sony NW-A35 for around 120 euros and I am really drawn to the Sony Walkman line so I would like to own this thing, but is it still worth it in terms of UI (perhaps with MrWalkman's mods) and overall usability? At a slightly lower price I can get the Fiio M5, but I much prefer the design of the Walkman. Is there too much of a quality gap between the two given the age difference?

Thank you in advance.

May 3, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 8
I like Sony audio players, I would have no problem buying the NW-A35.

May 6, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 8
A30 is the series, A35 is the model.

The fw mod gives a SERIOUS upgrade to the A30 series - not only sonical, but a lot of functionality, eg aptX-HD. Head over to he dedicated topic for details.

May 6, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 8
A30 is the series, A35 is the model.

The fw mod gives a SERIOUS upgrade to the A30 series - not only sonical, but a lot of functionality, eg aptX-HD. Head over to he dedicated topic for details.
Thank you for the response. Turns out A35 is off the table, but perhaps A45 is. Are there mods now available on the website for the A45 which also offer aptX support (which I think it also does not have natively probably wrong about this). I see lots of talk on that thread of older mods which are now nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 8
Get the A55, no point on waste time or money buying something cheaper. A55 is already more than cheap enough, and the other models have android, so.. A55

May 6, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 8
Get the A55, no point on waste time or money buying something cheaper. A55 is already more than cheap enough, and the other models have android, so.. A55

Agree - if the option are A45 vs A55, go for A55. Usually there's no price difference, or the A55 may even be cheaper.

If a cheap, well kept A35 comes across, it may well be worth it - depends on the price, of course

May 7, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 8
Agree - if the option are A45 vs A55, go for A55. Usually there's no price difference, or the A55 may even be cheaper.

If a cheap, well kept A35 comes across, it may well be worth it - depends on the price, of course
Well, in fact I found the A45 so I bought that, given that their difference is small. I'm pretty sure it won't make much of a difference to me, plus it was an impulse buy so the extra money 'saved' was more important.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back