Is the Sandisk Sansa Clip+ a good combination with the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II ?
Jan 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hypnosit3

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I wanna know if the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II sounds well with the Sandisk Sansa Clip+.
I've done some research on the internet and found out that the Sandisk Sansa Clip+ has great quality for his price.

Also the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II seems a good product. But im interested if someone here at this forum has this combination and if he can 
tell me if it's great or not. By the way, english is not my main language, so there can some grammar mistakes. Excuse moi

- Hypnosit3

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hey guys,

I wanna know if the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II sounds well with the Sandisk Sansa Clip+.
I've done some research on the internet and found out that the Sandisk Sansa Clip+ has great quality for his price.

Also the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II seems a good product. But im interested if someone here at this forum has this combination and if he can 
tell me if it's great or not. By the way, english is not my main language, so there can some grammar mistakes. Excuse moi

- Hypnosit3

You can also post this question on the website anythingbutipod.
I use to use the Sansa Clip Zip, but switched to the Sony E series for the bigger screen, sound quality is about equal.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hey guys,

- Hypnosit3

I used to have a Clip (not the +) which I used with HD 25's and it's a great little player. HD 25's are easily driven and sounded fine out of the Clip (IMHO). They sounded better with the addition of a FiiO E7 but the difference wasn't huge.

I've just tried the HD 25s with my wife's Fuze (which sounds pretty much exactly the same as the Clip) and my memories are correct. They both sound much better than you would expect for the money.

The Clip's pretty cheap so it's a no-brainer :)

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

I used to have a Clip (not the +) which I used with HD 25's and it's a great little player. HD 25's are easily driven and sounded fine out of the Clip (IMHO). They sounded better with the addition of a FiiO E7 but the difference wasn't huge.

I've just tried the HD 25s with my wife's Fuze (which sounds pretty much exactly the same as the Clip) and my memories are correct. They both sound much better than you would expect for the money.

The Clip's pretty cheap so it's a no-brainer :)

Thanks for your reply!

I just bought the Sansa Clip+ and it sounds great. I'm planning to buy the HD 25 this week, so im curious about the sound of this combination. 

Gonna try it first without an amp because if i don't like it yet i can always buy an amp later.
By the way is there a difference between the FiiO E7 and the FiiO E4 except the price?

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 6
So, how do you like the HD25-1 and Clip+ combination?

I have clip+, FIIO 11 and HD25-1 ii. I am quite happy them the combination and enjoy any type of music.
I use no eq on Clip+. Low voltage, high gain and no bass boost on the FIIO 11.

The Amp give more punch. Very useful while commuting.

Cheers

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
So, how do you like the HD25-1 and Clip+ combination?

I have clip+, FIIO 11 and HD25-1 ii. I am quite happy them the combination and enjoy any type of music.
I use no eq on Clip+. Low voltage, high gain and no bass boost on the FIIO 11.

The Amp give more punch. 

Probably less necessary if you install Rockbox:

http://www.rockbox.org/

I hate Rockbox's interface, but if you persist you can dial tweak Tyson sized punch out of the Clip. Ymmv, but when I experimented I found that the Clip had more than enough power to make my ears bleed via the 25s once I had fiddled with the sound settings sufficiently: don't ask me what I used because the details are scattered over half a dozen appalling little menus and I cry whenever I try to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back