Is the QED Qunex J2P ok?
Jun 22, 2006 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

db597

100+ Head-Fier
I've recently got a new headphone amp (RCA connectors) and am looking at the QED Qunex J2P to connect it to the mini jack on my soundcard (currently using an thin stock cable that came with one of my CD players). It's caught my attention because of the low price - about £20 (US$35). It has gold connectors and looks like this:

http://www.futurehome.co.uk/ProdImages/qunexj2p.jpg

Is the J2P enough, or should I go for a Zu Pivot / Cardas etc? They cost a lot more. How big is the difference? Anyone here have the J2P?

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 3
Very nice quality cable. I guarantee you'll not be disappointed in that regard.

Sound-wise its not going to blow anyone away, but you should also buy stuff in the same league as the rest of your kit...like a $1000 cable on a $100 soundcard is overkill, the same as a ratshack generic POS cable on a $500 CDP would be underkill(!)
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Very nice quality cable. I guarantee you'll not be disappointed in that regard.

Sound-wise its not going to blow anyone away, but you should also buy stuff in the same league as the rest of your kit...like a $1000 cable on a $100 soundcard is overkill, the same as a ratshack generic POS cable on a $500 CDP would be underkill(!)
wink.gif

Thanks a lot for the reply Chri5peed.
smily_headphones1.gif
I was kind of hoping you'd see my post. When I did a search of the forums, you were one of 2 people who has the cable. The search revealed nothing about the sound quality, so I decided to post. Cheers for your opinion. I'm 1 step closer to buying it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back