is the NWZ-Z1000 worth it?
May 24, 2012 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

PallidaMors

New Head-Fier
I have the opportunity to adquire the 32gb model for free because of a $400 coupon for Sony Store I got from my bank. I have always liked Walkman players, so I was wondering if this model was any good. I know there is already a thread about it but it is way too long and I just need to know some specific things:
1- Which music formats does it support? (no lossless support is actually not an issue)
2- Is the sq good? Is the eq as good as other Walkmans? How does it fare against Cowons?
3- Does it support gapless playback (now this is the most important question)
4- Battery life? (I know Android is energy hungry)
Hope you guys can help me with this one!

May 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 11
The Z series are very good sounding and they offers good battery life(highly recommended).

May 25, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 11
I was really considering purchasing the Sony Z1060. However, the ridiculous EU volume cap has put me off the idea :frowning2:

If I could get a Z1060 shipped from Japan or the USA then that is a different story.

May 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:
I was really considering purchasing the Sony Z1060. However, the ridiculous EU volume cap has put me off the idea :frowning2:

If I could get a Z1060 shipped from Japan or the USA then that is a different story.

What cap? Have you already listened to it and confirmed that your super efficient IEMs that you are most likely to use it with are not going to be loud enough to pop your ears? Or maybe you are planning to listening to Orthos on it?

May 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #6 of 11
Well, guess I'll make a leap of faith, get the nwz-z1000 and find out if it is good or not. So far there hasn´t been a complete review for it, except those that compare it right away with the iPod Touch and diss it without talking in depth about it's sq. I'll make a review about it once I've tried it.

May 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

What cap? Have you already listened to it and confirmed that your super efficient IEMs that you are most likely to use it with are not going to be loud enough to pop your ears? Or maybe you are planning to listening to Orthos on it?

Well considering the Sony DAPs are not as good as they used to be for us EU customers because of the EU volume cap I persume the Z series will have it too. Anyway what the hell is Orthos? You are not making sense.

May 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
Well considering the Sony DAPs are not as good as they used to be for us EU customers because of the EU volume cap I persume the Z series will have it too. Anyway what the hell is Orthos? You are not making sense.

Orthos probably refers to orthodynamic headphones. I don't know anything about them, only have heard the term here.

May 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #11 of 11
What I meant was that with portable headphones, and these are 99% of the time super efficient, there is no problem with no cap. I am speaking from experience, not articles on the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back