Is the new iPod shuffle any good for running?
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

salsala

New Head-Fier
Hi, was wondering if any of you already own the new iPod shuffle. Any thoughts on it being used for running? I know its really light and small but my main concern is navigating through the songs while running. Is it pretty simple?

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 8
It's unfortunate they didn't just put 3 small buttons on the case and be done with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing some third party control adapters made, so we can use any headphone.

Apr 6, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 8
Until 3rd parties remote adapters are out, the 3G shuffle is a poor choice for a workout. The stock bud won't even stay in your ear for an extended time. Just get a refurbished nano, earbud of your choice, and the nike+ and amp watch remote.

Apr 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 8
No, the new ipod is terrible for runners. I've already encountered the sweat issue, but for me, the problem was temporary (the volume went back down to normal after a few days of drying out). But what bugs me most is the location of the new controls. A lot of runners prefer to have their cables run up their backs. You can't do that now. Running the cables in the front, underneath your shirt, is problematic too. So get ready for a bobbing cable while you run. Plus, it feels very unnatural to search for the dongle around your neck while running.

I'm back to using my 2G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back