Is the monster turbine an upgrade from klipsch image s4?
May 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

audioKyle

100+ Head-Fier
Yes, you probably heard this question many times here but i just wanted to know. Since my older brother lost my klipsch image s4's (long story) i now have to buy new headphones. I thought the klipsch were good but not great. Plus it had quite a bit of sibilance which was irritating. I always wanted to try the monster turbines out but don't know if they are a worthy upgrade comming from my s4's. I can get them on Amazon for $106! so they aren't that much more than the klipsch. So what do you think? Do you think i will be happy with the turbines? Is it a worthy upgrade from the s4's?

May 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 14
How good would the warranty be? And will the build be any different? Would it be more beat up?

May 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 14
They're as good as new, or at least they're supposed to be. I got refurbished Turbine Coppers and they seemed brand new. Warranty is only 90 days.

May 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 14
So do you think i should get the refurbed ones for $50 from monster or new turbines for $106 at amazon? If i buy it from amazon, is the warranty good?

May 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 14
The turbines bought from Amazon (authorized dealer) come with 3 year warranty. Refurbished only comes with a 90 day warranty.

May 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #7 of 14
So what do you think i should go with? I heard that the turbines break somewhat easily...

May 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #8 of 14
Well mine broke after about 8 months. I had a free year of futureshop warranty so I just got new ones the same day. It is up to you. If you take care of them then the refurbs are a really good deal and you could buy two pairs for the price of one new one. 

May 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 14
I would hold off on buying the amazon ones at 109. It seems like a lot to me but I bought it from amazon at a lightning deal for $70. I'd buy the refurbs if you need them ASAP but I would wait otherwise for a price drop. Amazon has dropped it below 70 three times in the last 6 months according to the amazon price tracker so I'm sure they'll do it again soon.

I also had a good experience with monster refurbs from their outlet.

May 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 14
Have any idea when the pice would drop about? 2 weeks.... a month?

May 15, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #13 of 14
My turbines broke after 2 weeks. The plug is utter crap. Be sure to have enough warranty, i didnt buy from an authorised seller so i have to repair em myself
mad.gif

May 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
The regular Turbines are better than the Klipsch, especially in the mids and highs. Bass quality and quantity is around the same.

Really? From most of the reviews, it stated that the bass dropped really low and it was sometimes subwoofer like. The klipsch bass never dropped that low for me...

Quote:
My turbines broke after 2 weeks. The plug is utter crap. Be sure to have enough warranty, i didnt buy from an authorised seller so i have to repair em myself
mad.gif

man that sucks! Wear did you buy it from? Looks like i am going to just buy it from amazon for a longer better warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back