Is The Love Affair Over??
Nov 18, 2001 at 5:27 PM Post #16 of 39
KR..., your current avatar cracks me up every time I see it!
biggrin.gif

And I agree w/ reynman, Duncan don't do anything rash like getting rid of your headphone system. And until you see the error of your ways, go sit in the time-out corner and listen to your headphones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 5:32 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Am I alone in this defection from the cause? Or... does this happen with other people from time to time?

No, dude, happens to the best of us (and if it doesn't happen to you, you're just simply not one of the best of us!) -- even those of us "between girlfriends". It's called burnout. It'll come and go.

Nov 18, 2001 at 7:44 PM Post #19 of 39
Hehehe... Thanks for the votes of encouragement folks, or lack of it sometimes
tongue.gif

Reynman has the best reason for keeping my equipment... but, my lips are sealed
evil_smiley.gif

On the brighter side of life... I still come on the internet quite a lot... so, you won't get rid of me that easily... for a few months anyway...
eek.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 9:13 PM Post #20 of 39
MP3s sound a lot nicer through my melos-cd1700s (tube magic!). I think you might be surprised if you hooked your computer up to your X-Cans, or burned your mp3s to cd or something.

Nov 19, 2001 at 2:38 AM Post #22 of 39
you know, in all seriousness, some years ago I woke up and for whatever reason just did not want to listen to music. Mind you, I am a majorly obsessed music fanatic and musician. It was a very odd and hard to figure out sensation. I just plain lost my interest in music. It was sad, or actualy tragic. Well this terrible time in my life lasted perhaps a year. Imagine that. Well, one day like a San Francisco fog lifting, it just went away. I was craving music 20 hours per day, as usual and I haven't looked back since. This would've been back in the last century, around '95. Fear not friend, this malady will pass and you'll be ship-shape in no time...

Nov 19, 2001 at 2:54 AM Post #23 of 39
Hmm... maybe I should add in my deprivation into the thread...

It took me 14 years to finally start listening to music. In this 14 years, which starts from birth, I had no desire to listen to music. I didn't care for music. I didn't like music.

In these past 3 years I have been discovering what music really is... from not listening music to being an extreme audio enthusiast (audiophile perhaps)... I say I have made up for lost time...

Nov 19, 2001 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 39
wow chych, you too?
biggrin.gif

Mind you, I always liked music, but until I was about 13 or 14 I never listened to much of it. then one day I started listening to some of my brothers' music. And I bought a few CD's. then a few more. and i was content with those CD's for a while. But then I bought some more! And now I have a grand total of...7 CD's!
wink.gif
Actually, make that 75. It's still a meager collection, but I'm working on it. Finding names isn't the problem, it's finding the money!

But it's the same basic story. it took me a while to realize what music had to offer, and that it was extremely important. It touches the depths of your humanity. It's one of the most amazing things about us. It's a religion. And there's nothing like playing music...

Nov 19, 2001 at 6:31 AM Post #26 of 39
I've been jamming to music since i was a child, maybe 6 yrs old. I clearly remember my parents taking me to chuck e cheese at caesars bay bazaar and listening to the Beatles "eight days a week" being played by animatronic rats
smily_headphones1.gif

George

Nov 19, 2001 at 6:31 AM Post #27 of 39
Wow, chych, my audio past followed almost exactly the same timeline as yours! Might have started a year or two later, but yeah, I just wasn't interested in audio until then. I still remember, my awakening moment was listening to Guns 'N Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" on a friend's Walkman on a field trip to DC.

Nov 19, 2001 at 3:25 PM Post #29 of 39
I have been listening to music my whole life, and I never slowed down, it would be unthinkable to me to stop. THis is not a hobby for me, nor a fad or anything like that. It's part of me, and a very important part at that.

Quote:

But it's the same basic story. it took me a while to realize what music had to offer, and that it was extremely important. It touches the depths of your humanity. It's one of the most amazing things about us. It's a religion. And there's nothing like playing music...

This is what I talking about, I can never stop listening to music just like that. Even if I went 100% deaf, I will still be playing music in my head
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 3:49 AM Post #30 of 39
FIRST OF ALL - duncan, my good, dear friend......please stop drinking and trying to forget your hangovers out here. Honestly - "I'm gonna sell my rig" - PUH-LEEZ.........it just shows you what booze can do, kids. Wait, I am a kid...............erm.......regardless......just stop this incessant insane blabbering.

(if you WERE serious......well, my condolences go out to you - and, keep us updated
wink.gif
NOT on the headphones!
wink.gif
lol)

NOW.....getting into the OT.....

I'm very much into music....bought a tape at the age of 6, bought a cassete walkman - and loved it (ONE tape, ONE walkman, ONE pair of headphone - Sony W08 or something.... - ah, the forgotten simplicity).

Then I got some more tapes, a Beatles collection on CD (NOT the "1" collection).....and memorized all the Beatles songs......

Still happy with tapes.....then one fine day I read a blurb in Newsweek about the RCA Lyra - I obsess over the purchase of it, and 1 and half years after its initial release in the U.S. of A., I come into possesion of a brand spanking new Lyra.

A few months later, I'm using Napster, discovering music.......and having fun.

I get fed up with the "nice" (i was young and foolish!) headphones that came with the lyra (they had channel intermittency), and purchased Sony 821s, because of cmoy's earbud artide.

Loved the 821s.....hung out at headwize......and then...............in a period of 3 years......my cd collection grew by, um......over 1,200%!? Yea, i guess - 3 became 40.......wow....

I also discovered my all-time biggest musical influence, John Coltrane - through headwize
smily_headphones1.gif
All the Kind Of Blue propoganda (it IS over-rated, ya kno....damn good but overrated...) allowed me to first hear miles, trane, and the rest......and I am still in awe of trane.......

In the end, tho, none of it matters. Nothing can compare to actually making music - playing sax or tabla i'd rather do than listen to music ANY DAY....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back