Is the Forte 7.1 the best for its price?
Dec 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kILLDR3n

Head-Fier
I'll be using it with an AD-700. Any other sound cards that are better than it for its price?

What difference will I notice with an amp for these headphones as I currently do not use one?

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 18
For it's price, absolutely. Hell, it's probably one of the best sound cards out there (at least that I've heard of, but then again the most expensive sound card I know of with no modifications is the HTHD, and that's just a Forte with more functionality).

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 18
The Forte's built in headphone amp is more than good enough for AD700s. It's only once you start getting into high end, hard to drive, picky cans that you will need an external.

Dec 1, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by kILLDR3n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean since I've never even tried any amp what will difference will the Forte's amp sound like compared to no amp?

What is this thing like Auzen X-Fi Bravura from Auzentech, Inc. : World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

That is what will be the new flagship card from Auzentech, but isn't expected to be released until some time in 2010. Also take into consideration the headphone jack is a 1/4" so it will require an adaptor with the AD700. It's mainly for high end headphones and such.

The Forte is more than enough for the AD700s, and compared to unamped it'll be a fantastic improvement.

Dec 1, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is what will be the new flagship card from Auzentech, but isn't expected to be released until some time in 2010. Also take into consideration the headphone jack is a 1/4" so it will require an adaptor with the AD700. It's mainly for high end headphones and such.

The Forte is more than enough for the AD700s, and compared to unamped it'll be a fantastic improvement.

the AD700s came with the adapter anyway, thanks.

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 18
That is a new product coming from Auzentech. I released a sneak peak on that card awhile back.
This won't be the new flagship....it will just become part of the product line-up.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Like is it a quality difference or a loudness difference?

Dec 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #12 of 18
Is the Bravura the reason the Forte is sold out almost everywhere? I was going to pick one up from NCIX for the rebate, but it's sold out there and in every other online store other than Amazon/Newegg.

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 18
If you look around Auzentech cards are usually hard to find in stock as they seem to sell out rather quick. Considering the holidays are coming up they will start stocking them again soon.

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #14 of 18
so lets get this straightend out. I dont mean to hijack the thread, rather helping to both OP and to other, The Forte is the best out there right now? better than the X-Fi titanium? if so how come it is cheaper than alot of other soundcards? (I found one for 120 USD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back