Is the economy affecting your sound?
Mar 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaconblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm now listening to music out of a cardboard box
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/pablomaldito/headphones/boxedm3.jpg[/IG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

[img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/devil_face.gif looks safe

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #17 of 25
Other -> "No, I'm stable in this economy and sound equipment is -relatively- expensive."

I have a stable income and don't feel that my job is of any risk. So until further notice I continue as normal.

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 25
From my course - 2007 graduates that found work in relevant industries 55 of 60, 2008 - 5 of 55, 2 of whom have been made redundant. This year, Gulp!

Mar 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
devil_face.gif
looks safe

Gotta love the ungrounded captive AC cord... not that the "case" could be grounded anyway :p

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope; at the moment, none of my phones cost more than $100, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

word
atsmile.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaconblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm now listening to music out of a cardboard box
boxedm3.jpg

If i were you I'd put the transformer coil in another enclosure... preferably metal, so that it doesn't interfere with your signal path.
An empty can of Habitant soup might do the trick hehehe

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #24 of 25
Since I am still in high school, the only payments I have to make are for car, insurance and gasoline. Otherwise, everything else is mine (with some in savings of course)

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #25 of 25
Prices are the same, the exchange rate is not.

Turns out even if the US economy goes sour everyone buys up US treasury bills anyway thus appreciating the currency relative to others and worsening headphone buying power for the rest of us
frown.gif

Particularly pissed off I didn't nab an M^3 when it was up for $250 US. Could've had it for $300 Aus, now it'd be like $450 Aus at least, assuming I can find a deal good enough
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back