Is the Cowon j3 really worth it?
Mar 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #76 of 121
I guess I should buy another J3, since my iPhone 4 alone disqualifies me? Yeah, my D2 has the OLD BBE,...I'm a bad seed,...
wink_face.gif

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #77 of 121
To answer the original OP---YES. BBE is a wonderful enhancement. I tried some of the software EQ's with my sons touch, and they were pretty good, but pale to the plethoria that is a cowon EQ.

Cheers 

Mar 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #78 of 121
TOTALLY WORTH IT
I was using a clip+ rockbox'd but the eq options on the j3 have totally transformed my iem's
I was very unimpressed with my RE0's on the clip, but on the j3 with one of the headphone presets they blow me away.
The eq and bbe settings also take my monster MD's to a whole new level.
I may have been able to get similar eq settings with the clip, but the interface was kind of a PITA

The normal/flat setting on the j3 is not very impressive though, seems like it is really meant to be eq'd and tweaked

the clip+ is great, but the j3 opens up a lot more options

Also, having 64gb of storage on a small portable player is awesome

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #80 of 121
if i dont really need a screen for videos and pictures, and just want a small player that has good sound and battery.. is the cowon i9 the same as the j3 minus the nice screen and video/pivture function.? thanks :)

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #81 of 121

Quote:
if i dont really need a screen for videos and pictures, and just want a small player that has good sound and battery.. is the cowon i9 the same as the j3 minus the nice screen and video/pivture function.? thanks :)

Sound-wise, the i9 and J3/S9 are the same.....the i9 battery is rated at 29 hours IIRC, compared to the J3's 60-something hours and the S9's 50-something hours.

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #82 of 121

Quote:
EQ settings aside, can one see a folder view on the ipod? My X5 has it and so does the clip+ which is invaluable imho.

No folder browsing....which is no matter to me because my files are tagged properly, but I can see where it would bother some users.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #84 of 121
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #87 of 121
Ok i guess the Cowon is the way to go than. I decided i don´t really need wifi. And since i do listen multiple music styles i think its nice to tweak my sound to each genre + not being attached to apple also sounds nice. Thanks for all the information and tips!
Can't wait to order my Cowon :O

Mar 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #88 of 121
be on the lookout for refurbs
I got a 32gb j3 for about $220 refurb with the full warranty
they are listed on amazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back