Is the ATH-AD900 about to be replaced?
Jul 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 10
Either is the AD500, AD1000, or AD2000, and A500, A1000, A2000, but I don't think they are going anywhere.

I am not sure why the USA website doesn't have them listed.
"any of the national websites", what other sites did you check?

Here is a list of all the headphones at the japanese website..
http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/search/a.html

check all the boxes and hit the button the right at the bottom, and it'll give you all of them

EDIT: that said, it is about time for a replacement.
AD5, AD7, AD9, AD10 came out in 1999.
current line was released in 2004.
5 years later is 2009.

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Either is the AD500, AD1000, or AD2000, and A500, A1000, A2000, but I don't think they are going anywhere.

I am not sure why the USA website doesn't have them listed.
"any of the national websites", what other sites did you check?

Here is a list of all the headphones at the japanese website..
¥°¥ë¡¼¥×°ìÍ÷ [ ¥Ø¥Ã¥É¥Û¥ó ]

check all the boxes and hit the button the right at the bottom, and it'll give you all of them

EDIT: that said, it is about time for a replacement.
AD5, AD7, AD9, AD10 came out in 1999.
current line was released in 2004.
5 years later is 2009.

Thanks. England, Germany, France, US. It looks to me like a new AD900 is overdue.

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 10
They don't distribute them in the US, therefore they are not on the US website. They are Japanese models that get sold through a few esoteric shops here in the US and thats all.

Jul 1, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't distribute them in the US, therefore they are not on the US website. They are Japanese models that get sold through a few esoteric shops here in the US and thats all.

This. Which is why you get a real good deal on the AD700--it's officially imported here by AT USA, same as the A700. Only a few import stores and specialty stores like Musician's Friend carry the AD900; or you can order it directly through a broker like Pricejapan.com. That's how I picked mine up like 3 years ago.

Jul 2, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least Europe can get a "real good deal" on some European brands such as AKG and Beyer. Play UK also had a really nice deal on the Goldring DR150s recently. We're pretty boned up here in Canada.

Just out of curiosity, what would it cost you to fly to Boston/Chicago/NYC etc ? I realise you dont want to do that every weekend, but I would imagine that most of the bigger cities in Canada have regular flights to those cities - thats a (presumably) cheap option that we dont have in Oz. Asia is our best option, but its still a 7-10 hour flight to Singapore/Hong Kong/Tokyo - at least the majority of American retailers will speak much the same language that you do.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back