Is the Astell&Kern100 worth its money
Jul 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrKommander

100+ Head-Fier
In general i think the answer should be yes but its some time ago that i really looked into the higher end DACs especially because i am kind of on a studentbudget.
Buuuut i have found one on Amazon Warehousedeals which would cost around 410 USD minus the 20% from Amazon Prime Day on every Warehosedeal meaning
~330 USD.
I listen mostly to Flac 16bit 44.1kHz with my Sennheiser HD558 and the question would be whether i would benefit in any way or whether i would need better headphones
to enjoy the better DAC.

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 2
In general i think the answer should be yes but its some time ago that i really looked into the higher end DACs especially because i am kind of on a studentbudget.
Buuuut i have found one on Amazon Warehousedeals which would cost around 410 USD minus the 20% from Amazon Prime Day on every Warehosedeal meaning
~330 USD.
I listen mostly to Flac 16bit 44.1kHz with my Sennheiser HD558 and the question would be whether i would benefit in any way or whether i would need better headphones
to enjoy the better DAC.
Having not heard that AK I can't say but it seems to be a good price. The others are way too overpriced as others sound as good or better for less. You have not said what you would be upgrading from ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back