Is the Aria good enough for the K701?
Jan 12, 2006 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Atropos

New Head-Fier
Hi!
Currently I am owning the Aria with the HD650 and I am considering upgrading to K701.
But the question for me is...is the Aria good enough for the K701?
What I am hoping for is a better soundstage, where you can really see the positions of all the instruments, more details and some more smoke in guitar solos...I want to really feel the strings while they are picked.
icon10.gif

...or do I want too much?

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 8
I like how you called it an upgrade
340smile.gif

*bump* I am interested to hear responses on this as well, though from what I have read so far the Aria seems to be comparable to a headroom desktop module and works pretty well with the K701. Aria+K701 = synnergy?

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atropos
What I am hoping for is a better soundstage, where you can really see the positions of all the instruments, more details and some more smoke in guitar solos...I want to really feel the strings while they are picked.
icon10.gif

I use K701 with my Aria. What you described above is the best part about the amp!
biggrin.gif
The instruments are VERY widely spaced out from left to right, and the position of each can be distinctly identified.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 8
Agree with atx (hey, you have 666 posts as of when I type this
evil_smiley.gif
)

I have tried the Aria with both the 650's (stock and RnB cable) as well as the K701's, and they do indeed do space pretty well. I've definitely heard better, but at a much higher price (Ray Samuels HR-2, PS Audio GCHA, Dynahi).

Bt I also agree, that the K701 may not be a real big upgrade from the Senn's. I like them both, for different reasons.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 8
Mine is a 1990 Corsica, with >135K miles. One tube of the SDS is worth more than my car. So, that's how I afford the SDS. But, since I spend lots more time wearing headphones, than having my rear end in the car seat, I consider the SDS a worthwhile expense.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
My CAR is a bit less than the SDS.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back