Is The Ali G Show Staged?
Feb 5, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 16
amazingly, those interviews are TOTALLY punked to the nth level. i really credit his people for pulling one over on THEIR people to set up the interviews - and his ability to keep it going, always preying on THEIR feeling of not wanting to be rude and walk out. deadly combo!
evil_smiley.gif

the worst - when he kept calling poor Buzz Aldrin "Buzz Lightyear"
rolleyes.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 16
Borat is the best. SBC is going to have to come out with some new characters b/c everyone knows him now.

Feb 5, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
You're kidding, right?

Nope, it's well known that none of the politicians knew who he was when he interviewed them... totally off the cuff.

Feb 5, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #7 of 16
I caught the episode of the Daily Show that he was on, and when Jon asked him if he was going to have to quit he said (something like), "Well, we will just keep inviting people to do interviews until no one comes," or something like that; he had just done an interview with some high up in the FBI who didn't even look into it before showing up.

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 16
I absolutely love his talk shows, not so much his two alter egos. I think the talk shows are probably half-staged, half-not but most of his interviews using Borat and Bruno are not staged. There has been a controversy when he got a Republican candidate to say things, which he better should not have said.

On David Beckham: "Just because it's called comic relief doesn't mean he has to speak in a funny voice." - or - "Everybody wants to be like Beckham. Every boy wants to be in his shoes and every man in his woman."

Most of his jokes are on either this or the other side of correct but I think he's just too funny.
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 16
if you like off the cuff with politicans then check out chris morris, especially brasseye. He got questons asked in parliment about cake, a mdae up drug. He seriously got a lot of people conned, phil collins was one of them.

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #12 of 16
You should watch some of his movies... they are silly goodness.
icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 11:48 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by xUKHCx
if you like off the cuff with politicans then check out chris morris, especially brasseye. He got questons asked in parliment about cake, a mdae up drug. He seriously got a lot of people conned, phil collins was one of them.

I greatly enjoyed Chris Morris's Brasseye.
Did you see that 'infamous' episode?

Feb 6, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu
I greatly enjoyed Chris Morris's Brasseye.
Did you see that 'infamous' episode?

ive got it on dvd so have seen it many a times, along with pretty much everything chris morris has ever done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back