Is Superlux HD 660 any good? :) - Looking for a set of closed cans for cheap
Nov 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #16 of 23
Well, things came up and might wait a while and perhaps put them on my wishlist for christmas, but I'll definitely own a pair of Superlux's within a short perioud of time!
- I'll let people know of my final desicion and thought of the final product! :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #17 of 23
  - I'll let people know of my final desicion and thought of the final product! :)

Please do, especially for someone who owns a senn hd598
smile.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #18 of 23
  Please do, especially for someone who owns a senn hd598
smile.gif

Well, things have been pretty busy lately and I guess they will be so for a couple of weeks, but I can tell you that I actually ended up buying a pair of Superlux HD 681 EVO's! I'm loving them so far and I'm actually planning on doing a review on them soon, I'll inform this post when I've done so. :)
They are darker sounding and not as detailed as the 598's, but for what I wanted, they are just perfect! Cheap, great sounding, comfortable enough for a couple of hours of use (with the soft pads (included)) and way better suited for more modern music like pop and other bass-heavy stuff. Wouldn't call them bass-head phones though, but they do have a heavier bass to them than the Senns! :)

They've been my every-day phones for a couple of weeks by now - what a rip-off! :D

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #19 of 23
It is mind boggling for me that you prefer the evo's over the hd598. Are you sure your senn is not fake? jk
biggrin.gif

I havent heard both HP anyway.

If you happen to get the SL HD660 then share your thoughts too because im eyeing them right now
smile.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #20 of 23
I'm a 100% sure my HD 598's isn't a fake! :p
My point wasn't that I liked my superlux's more, I'm just using my superlux's more right now because I feel like it, mostly because it is, as stated, better suited for modern stuff and media. When my "real" music is playing, however, I will always reach for my Senns. The detail and amount of immersion is amazing with them and good recordings become an incredible experience. Yello is great with them! The superlux's is just more allround + they are cheeper and therefore I'm more likely to bring them to school! :)

I don't think I'll get my hands on the HDD660's in a near future though, as my headphone-stock is full right now! :)
- Might grab a pair of Superlux IEMs soon tough, haha! :p

You know if they are any good? :)
The only IEMs I've ever had is the Klipsch Image S4's I have right now and they begin to sound a bit boring to me. :/

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #21 of 23
I get you. I'm kinda half kidding when I said that
smile.gif

I havnt heard any superlux iems but vsonic iem is very good for the price. and cheap too. Try vsd1. Somwhere in the thread, someone said the vsd1 blows the shure s4 out of the water and everyone agreed.

here's the vsd1 thread and review. and it it's joker's best iem under 50$

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back