Is something wrong with my HD600s?
Jun 23, 2001 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cubanmafia

New Head-Fier
I was looking at my headphones the other day (I've had them for about a month now and love them, I can't wait to pair them with a better source and see what they're capable of) and I noticed that there was a copper wire kind of hanging inside the left earcup. I see it through the grille, and while the other side looks to be what I would consider 'normal' both channels seem to sound fine. My concern is that I can't tell that the driver is damaged because I'm just listening through my SBLive until my CD player/amp come in. I remember reading about a couple of HD600's that were DOA through Jan's deal, but as I can't search the forums over at Headwise, I'm stuck possibly rehashing an old topic
biggrin.gif
Should I call Sennheiser for an RMA?

-don

Jun 23, 2001 at 9:45 AM Post #3 of 10
if it starts giving you any problems, Sennheiser will fix it. there was someone with a similar problem some time ago, he felt the sound was off-center and he had a loose piece of copper, so Senn put some new drivers in em.

but if there's no problem, there's no problem. 2 years of warranty will have you covered if anything starts happening.

enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 10
My HD 600 also arrived not 100%. The right earphone was dead. I am returning it to Sennheiser for a fix. While I sympathesize with everyone else about their problem, I'm glad that I'm not the ony one. Is this common to Senn HD600's? This is my first Senn.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 10
In my experance, absolutly not. Nearly everyone I know uses Sennheiser products and during our experance over the last 5 years I've never heard of a single issue - not to say it doesn't happen, but it hasn't happened to us.

On the other hand cuba - that's just the man behind the smoke and mirrors, pay no attention and enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 10
Senns are about as dependable as Japanese cars. As long as you don't abuse them (the headbands are not made for bending, grills not made for hammering and the connecting pins on the cable ends were not designed daily cable changes), aside from abuse, there's been very few QC concerns.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #7 of 10
I've seen some pretty ratty Senns. Seems like they last for a year or two before you have to start using duct tape on the headbands and pads. I don't believe my pair have that problem though.

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #8 of 10
Nope; no problems with my HD600. No wires showing either. Does seem a little suspect though, doesn't it.

But it's true; the headbands will crack if a listener tries to bend them to fit. Adjustments should probably be made by carefully bending the metal straps, if absolutely necessary, that extend only part way into the plastic band, not all the way from housing to housing as on Grados.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen some pretty ratty Senns. Seems like they last for a year or two before you have to start using duct tape on the headbands and pads. I don't believe my pair have that problem though.

I've never seen that, the only thing that would lead me to believe something like that that isn't a defect out the gate is their price. Inherently they're in more shops, available in more places - at a lower price then other brands top shelf, which puts them into more houses - taking more abuse from random sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back