Dec 30, 2002 at 4:19 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Maxvla
pardon the noob. pcdp = ?

You're not a noob, stupid.
rolleyes.gif

cool.gif

Dec 30, 2002 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 22
I got the IMP-350 and have noticed no real problems. Of course I wasn't listening to cd players 6 years ago when I was 10 so I have no real basis to compare it to. I have yet to notice the hiss people tell me about but it could be that my MX500s and these panasonic buds I have just won't pick it up. Overall I think it is a great cd player. The build quality is amazing. Battery life so far is amazing also.

Dec 30, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by ssblood
I have yet to notice the hiss people tell me about but it could be that my MX500s and these panasonic buds I have just won't pick it up. Overall I think it is a great cd player. The build quality is amazing. Battery life so far is amazing also.

MX500, silent room, pause mode = ssssssssssssssssssss

Battery life? 5 hours playing CDs, 8, maybe 9, playing mp3s. Amazing? Yes - amazingly unimpressive. But, so what? It's a great machine otherwise.

Dec 30, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #20 of 22
Hrm, mine went 8 hours playing a mp3 cd and the battery meter was still at the max. I paused it in a silent room with the volume all the way up and I still hear no hiss... Maybe mine is just a fluke.

Dec 30, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #21 of 22
The hiss is the same whether the volume control is at maximum or minimum.

Some people have claimed around 12 hours playing mp3s.

One or two others have claimed 2-3 hours playing mp3, and one or two more claim very obvious hissing.

It does seem a little odd to have variations like that at both ends of the performance spectrum.

Fancy swapping??

Dec 30, 2002 at 11:28 PM Post #22 of 22
As for the battery life.. if you don't always jump from song to song, the rechargable batteries easily go 10.

If you keep screwing around with the buttons and stuff while playing, then maybe you can get 5.

On a road trip (the only time I ever had to use the battery adaptor) I used a pair of E2 batteries, and it lasted a total of ~26 hours?

This was playing mp3s, and yeah while playing Audio CDs, the battery life decreases noticeably.

Also, the hiss isn't from the remote, if you take out the remote and plug the headphone directly into the headphone port, there will still be the slight hiss.

The line-out seems to be clean though, and even through the headphone port, with a pair of KSC-35s, the hiss is barely noticeable. With the included headphones (which were horrible by the way), the hiss was VERY noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back