Is Sennheiser planning on Momentum v3 or a new wireless headphone this year?
Jul 1, 2017 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

drey08

Head-Fier
I really love my wireless Momentums. It's probably been way over a year that I've owned them, and I haven't been eager at getting anything to replace them yet. I did try out Bose's and Sony's latest wireless headphones, but they either have terrible wireless connection stability problems (Bose), or they're uncomfortable to wear for me (Sony).

I'm hoping to see a new version of the wireless Momentums, but one where they fix some of the issues with the current version. For example, the little small plastic pieces that hold the headphones in place when adjusting the ear cups seem to fall out all the time for me. I'm not sure whether it's a design defect or just an issue with my headphones, but I expect a more solid design in the future. It reminds me of a similar defect with the AKG K701 where the plastic piece guiding the cups broke (because it's a tiny plastic piece, of course it will break).

Also, if Sennheiser could make the ear cups be a little deeper or at least slanted like on the Bose's that would be great. The Bose QC35 are probably the most comfortable headphones I ever wore. My ears never touch the plastic in the ear cup, unlike the Momentums. But the Momentum beat them handily in sound quality, and the wireless signal is very stable on the Momentums. I couldn't walk around town with the QC35 without the signal constantly breaking up, which is a shame. I ended up selling those to a friend.

I'm not eager to replace my Momentums unless a v3 comes out - which would probably cause me to just express-mail my wallet to Sennheiser HQ. :p

Jul 1, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 4
You mean this... https://en-us.sennheiser.com/hd1-wireless-headphones-with-mic

Not that I'm keeping up if this is version 2 or 3. All it says is new generation and I think they didn't call the Momentum 2 anything else so HD1 seems new :)

Unless it is another Senn tweak job but like I said I'm not keeping up that much lol!

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 4
You mean this... https://en-us.sennheiser.com/hd1-wireless-headphones-with-mic

Not that I'm keeping up if this is version 2 or 3. All it says is new generation and I think they didn't call the Momentum 2 anything else so HD1 seems new :)

Unless it is another Senn tweak job but like I said I'm not keeping up that much lol!

That's just the relabeled Momentum 2. They had an issue with the copyright for the name "Momentum" in the US, so they've renamed it as HD1. But it's the very same headphones.

Jul 1, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 4
Yep, I have no clue what they are doing. Oh well. That is interesting about the name. Nobody had an issue with it for the Momentum and early Momentum 2 afaik(at least when I had visited the site) or Momentum in-ear. Only noticed it just now though. I guess they lost a decision along the way there.

Not sure about the size but these look interesting. Though I only know of my Pioneer experience of 3 earphones and I know the HRM's I quite well received. May be worth a look. They do have thick pads:)
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Headphones/Premium/SE-MS7BT-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back