Is Schiit Customer Service Schiit?
Oct 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
I feel like a lot of people/companies dont ship to the UK and now this guys getting pissed about it and it bashing the company when Schiit is a really nice company and have great CS.

Can we all put the guy on an ignore list? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
Quote:

Likely this. It's just how business is. Nothing personal I'm sure on Jason's end. I know the pain of how ridiculous prices of some US products outside US can be. Trust me, we Canadians suffer plenty from that with Grado, etc.

There's always the used market you can look to. I'm sure there will be some UK owners or European owners that will eventually put the Lyr up for sale for a decent price.

Wait. didn't olo1n buy his Mjolnir straight from Schiit? If not, disregard.

I bought my Schiit direct from the US before they had an official reseller here and had excellent support for the various issues I encountered. The components I have now were purchased from their Australian distributer Addicted to Audio. I paid a slight premium buying locally, but they're good people (like Schiit) and I don't mind the extra expense for domestic support should further issues arise down the track.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

I bought my Schiit direct from the US before they had an official reseller here and had excellent support for the various issues I encountered. The components I have now were purchased from their Australian distributer Addicted to Audio. I paid a slight premium buying locally, but they're good people (like Schiit) and I don't mind the extra expense for domestic support should further issues arise down the track.

Ah, so they didn't have an official reseller then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #20 of 25
Well I did get a response, in the end. This time from someone called Alex, who sent a helpful response, I'm sure it wasnt too much effort to do that.

I was just a bit annoyed at the initial curt/'smart guy' response, and then lack of reply to my response. Any way its sorted now!

Still a completely different experience compared to Hifiman who I am dealing with at the moment, who are excellent.

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
Well I did get a response, in the end. This time from someone called Alex, who sent a helpful response, I'm sure it wasnt too much effort to do that.

I was just a bit annoyed at the initial curt/'smart guy' response, and then lack of reply to my response. Any way its sorted now!

Still a completely different experience compared to Hifiman who I am dealing with at the moment, who are excellent.

Sorry dude, you are whiny. Period.

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #23 of 25
Lol. So much for his patience.

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #24 of 25
Oops. Double post. Delete please.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #25 of 25
As far as distributors are concerned they usually need a 40 to 50% margin to make a living. They need this because they have to take care of warranty issues, rent and labour. It's quite different buying from a manufacturer direct and buying from a distributor through its dealers. Each dealer has a shop and staff and they too need at least a 25% margin. Now if the manufacturer offers the distributor a 25% margin on what the manufacturer sells retail. Then it's gonna be tough not to mark up the prices. Frankly the US guys are lucky to have manufacturers selling direct. The only question you should ask is this. With the increased price in my home country is this product still a worthy contender. BTW Ii live in singapore and believe me you I wish schiit prices we like what they are in the US but sadly they are not. So when I auditioned the amp I asked myself a simple question is the Schiit Valhalla worth the US$440 price in Singapore and what else can I get for around that price. That's a question only you can answer. BTW I didn't ask but in Singapore the standard warranty is 1 year I and I won't be surprised if Schiit products sold by the local distributor only carries a 1 year warranty. Tough titties ya but such is life.

Sorry forgot to add - if you were a distributor and you found out the manufacturer was screwing you by selling direct how long do you think before the distributor drops the product from his line? No matter how many units he/she sells.

In sg we buy lots of things from overseas too but it only makes sense when they try to sell the product at 2x or sometimes 3x the price. Pilot Falcon fountain pen in singapore costs US$520 at amazon it's US$130 - yes in that instance it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back