Is Rtings.com a credible site?
Oct 5, 2019 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shrewdgamer

Head-Fier
Is Rtings.com a credible site? Because in the past when I went by those ratings I felt like I have been cheated. Their graphs showed an earphone to have good bass but when I bought that product the bass was very anemic.

I'm looking at their gaming headphone's reviews, and most of them have good audiophile ratings, even the cheapest ones in $50 range. Can these gaming headphones be really that flat and good sounding? They seem to be as good as some headphones costing thousands of dollars.

I presently have a Chi-Fi gaming headset, it has 53mm drivers and it is a closed back headphone. The sound stage isn't as spacious as I would like it to be. So I was looking at rtings.com and their ratings of gaming headphones, they have a soundstage rating in which they show PRTF and related measurements, but the numbers and description of section is so inadequate, I can't make up my mind if they'd be any better than my present Chi-Fi gaming headset. If headphone has a rating of 6 in Soundstage portion on Rtings.com, how spacious would it be? Can any please explain this in terms of soccer field?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Your experience probably don't line-up with their rating system. However, their measurement rig is probably one of the most accurate in the industry.

Their website is definitely worth looking at for measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back