Is Rtings.com a credible site?
post-15228704
Post #1 of 2

shrewdgamer

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Is Rtings.com a credible site? Because in the past when I went by those ratings I felt like I have been cheated. Their graphs showed an earphone to have good bass but when I bought that product the bass was very anemic.

I'm looking at their gaming headphone's reviews, and most of them have good audiophile ratings, even the cheapest ones in $50 range. Can these gaming headphones be really that flat and good sounding? They seem to be as good as some headphones costing thousands of dollars.

I presently have a Chi-Fi gaming headset, it has 53mm drivers and it is a closed back headphone. The sound stage isn't as spacious as I would like it to be. So I was looking at rtings.com and their ratings of gaming headphones, they have a soundstage rating in which they show PRTF and related measurements, but the numbers and description of section is so inadequate, I can't make up my mind if they'd be any better than my present Chi-Fi gaming headset. If headphone has a rating of 6 in Soundstage portion on Rtings.com, how spacious would it be? Can any please explain this in terms of soccer field?

Last edited:
post-15230936
Post #2 of 2

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Your experience probably don't line-up with their rating system. However, their measurement rig is probably one of the most accurate in the industry.

Their website is definitely worth looking at for measurements.

Reactions: shrewdgamer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)