is px100 ok to sleep with?
Jan 29, 2005 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ucbEE

100+ Head-Fier
How fragile is this thing? will I break it if I sleep in it?

Jan 29, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 18
I think sleeping with a pair of px100s would mean taking this hobby a bit too seriously. (sorry, could not resist...
smily_headphones1.gif

Regards,

L.

Jan 29, 2005 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leporello
I think sleeping with a pair of px100s would mean taking this hobby a bit too seriously. (sorry, could not resist...
smily_headphones1.gif

HAHA, anyway i think they wont break but they will fall off very easily.

Jan 29, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 18
I almost always fall asleep with my PX100s on my ears, and when they kind of fall off once my eyes have finally closed, I have rolled around/layed down on top of them many times, and they still are in perfect condition. Nothing was bent or broken, and I have been doing this for 4/5 months now. A very durable pair of headphones.

Jan 29, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 18
I've slept in my KSC-50 before and IMo, the PX100 are more comfy than the 50s, so you have my answer. Yes it is perfectly fine.

Just don't sleep on your sides.
biggrin.gif

You inspired me to sleep in my PX tonight.
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 18
I havent slept with my px-100s because you cant lay on the side with them but I have feel asleep on my couch with them numerous times for about 2-3 hours and they never got messed up for me.

Jan 29, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnytimes
you can only sleep on your sides with earbuds/canalphones. Even then, I havent found one that lie my head flat on its side.

yep

Jan 29, 2005 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 18
thanks guys. I was kinda paranoid about sleeping with my MS-1s, so now I figure this is the way to go.

Jan 30, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnytimes
you can only sleep on your sides with earbuds/canalphones. Even then, I havent found one that lie my head flat on its side.

The EX51 allows me to lie FLAT. Although I suspect it is due to the fact that I shove it deep, really deep into my ears.

Jan 30, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmonster
try not to sleep with headphones

your ears grow sensitive during sleep.. might damage them

same goes for excercise

confused.gif

You shouldn't sleep while exercising?
tongue.gif

Or do your ears grow sensitive while exercising?

I do agree with you that you shouldn't listen to music while sleeping. I find that everything sounds much louder just before I fall asleep.

Jan 30, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmonster
try not to sleep with headphones

your ears grow sensitive during sleep.. might damage them

same goes for excercise

I agree. Notice when you wake up and turn on the TV or stereo, the same volume as you had on the night before, it appears blaringly loud. Your ears become more sensitive and then desensitize throughout the day.

Jan 30, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveman_84
I agree. Notice when you wake up and turn on the TV or stereo, the same volume as you had on the night before, it appears blaringly loud. Your ears become more sensitive and then desensitize throughout the day.

Just listen to them low, when i sleep with my earbuds sometimes I have the volume on my zen touch at like 4 or something. There is usually no other sound so you hear the music fine and 4 is low enough to not hurt your ears while sleeping probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back