Is pro-ject head box really that bad?
Feb 26, 2006 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cjeff2006

New Head-Fier
I did some searching on this forum and found out that people didn't appreciate the head box at all, saying it was cheap sounding and a rip off. But how about the head box SE instead of the head box mkII? It costs three time as much, and when i listened to it with some senns (especially the relatively speaking, brighter 555's and 595's), i thought they seemed pretty good? Am i mistaken?

Feb 27, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 3
You can still a get better amp for that price, so why bother?

Maybe you can't test the other amps, and Pro Ject's is the only one you can try out? When I was buying an amp two years ago, Pro-Ject sucked so much that I ordered my Meier Audio Corda amp without trying it out first. And I think I made the right choice
580smile.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjeff2006
I did some searching on this forum and found out that people didn't appreciate the head box at all, saying it was cheap sounding and a rip off. But how about the head box SE instead of the head box mkII? It costs three time as much, and when i listened to it with some senns (especially the relatively speaking, brighter 555's and 595's), i thought they seemed pretty good? Am i mistaken?

I have an MF x-can v3 on my home system, and just bought a Pro-Ject II for use with my iPod in bed. Paid 80 bucks at a local dealer in Canrodge, MA. I think it's a good little amp; this forum tends to develop mob mentality about certain products, and this one is no exception. Try it; you'll probably like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back