Is Paul (Idealsound) OK?
Sep 3, 2004 at 10:14 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ewolfs
OK,
i just looked on the internet side of USPS and i couldn't believe my eyes, my phones were shipped to Europe from Frisco on September 1st.
Paul assured me in his mail he shipped them August 25th, so the mail in the US is either very slow (8 days from Paul's place to San Francisco or somebody was lying to me.

Can anybody tell me, how i can track them in europe (GLS doesn't accept USPS tracking numbers), because i have to ask somebody to stay at my house for receiving the package
Thanks

They will come by your house (GLS) at least two times, they leave a note when they have done this.After that you can always pick up the package yourself at their depot.Only after a few weeks they send it back to the seller (at least three weeks)

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:44 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

OK,
i just looked on the internet side of USPS and i couldn't believe my eyes, my phones were shipped to Europe from Frisco on September 1st.
Paul assured me in his mail he shipped them August 25th, so the mail in the US is either very slow (8 days from Paul's place to San Francisco or somebody was lying to me.

Can anybody tell me, how i can track them in europe (GLS doesn't accept USPS tracking numbers), because i have to ask somebody to stay at my house for receiving the package
Thanks

are you sure GLS is delivering it? The handler for the UK, Parcelforce is accepting my US tracking number, although at the moment it has the same info as the US Handler. Try ringing the GLS customer service, they might be of help. web tracking is usually slow and outdated when using normal post, phone service is better

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:30 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankypoo
Another positive vote for Paul - solid service. Not flawless and error-free, but he's fair and honest and will make any mistakes right. (And will usually throw you a bone, too.)

Well, my original post wasn't ever meant to disparage Paul in any way. In fact, I've had nothing but good transactions with him as well. I've bought E3s, E5s, and ER4Ps from him, along with various accessories at different times and all interactions/deliveries have been responsive and on-time. That was just it.. the last few emails in which I had been inquiring about something he uncharacteristically did not reply, so I was wondering if something was up.

I guess I've got my answer to that. Didn't realize the ER6i was such a firestorm for him.

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #19 of 26
thanks spent&bent, i feel a lot more confortable now, somebody is checking my mail while i'm gone, so i dont' think there will be any delivery problems.

batracom I think parcelforce and GLS are the same (both owned by Royal Mail), but parcelforce is for the UK and GLS is for the rest of europe. I give them a call, see if they can give me a GLS tracking number

Next time i order something in the US, i first ask with which company they ship, i never had these problems with UPS or FedEx, tracking always worked fine.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:56 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by joni
Woah! Before anyone negatives idealsound over the ER6i delivery consider his predicament as he describes it on this forum. Demand exceeds supply and probably exceeds capacity to efficiently reply to all queries on orders. Having ordered three items from the UK in the past, Paul has been undoubtably the most efficient and pleasant bloke to do business with. Consider also that his consistantly unbeatable prices are probably as a result of very tight overheads ...like staff
tongue.gif
I suspect he is agonising over having to rely on others to fulfill the demand. Give a good vendor and sponsor of this community a break!

Absolutely. He's outlined the problem and I'm sure he's trying to work it. Under those circumstances, I also think it's a bit premature to negatively impact his rating. My experience with him has been fantastic as well. I think folks need to realize that crap happens with suppliers, delivery, etc...If you've been in business at some point, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I know waiting is frustrating but I think we need to be patient and give him a chance to get things straight.

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:31 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
For those of you who aren't happy with their service, maybe it would help get their attention if you start affecting that 100% satisfaction rate.
rolleyes.gif

I think that's probably not the best way to "repay" a sponsor who is supporting this forum. Besides, Idealsound is actually a one-man show by Paul, and I am sure he is working hard to get all the buds shipped as soon as he can, though the discrepancy in shipping dates is indeed puzzling. Cut him some slack, he deserves that feedback he's got, and I am speaking as a very satisfied repeat customer (who has experienced that occasional lapse in communication as well, but lived to see the buds arrive
etysmile.gif
).

Edit: Formatting.

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

thanks spent&bent, i feel a lot more confortable now, somebody is checking my mail while i'm gone, so i dont' think there will be any delivery problems.

batracom I think parcelforce and GLS are the same (both owned by Royal Mail), but parcelforce is for the UK and GLS is for the rest of europe. I give them a call, see if they can give me a GLS tracking number

Next time i order something in the US, i first ask with which company they ship, i never had these problems with UPS or FedEx, tracking always worked fine.

Thanks for answering my questions.

another update - parcelforce now lists my phones as being at Heathrow Airport! that means the tracking number is good. Ring up GLS, I am sure they will be able to track it down....

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #23 of 26
good thing he didn't sell his initial batch of 6i's on eBay, otherwise he might acquire a few negative feedback. heh... I got mine yesterday, they are not burned in yet, but with the foamies they sound okay, not bad for the price really. My girlfriend loves them, they are very comfortable, and definitely not as tricky to insert/remove then custom IEMs LOL.

--Andrew

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #25 of 26
It is true that vendors cannot always control availability of product and some things are indeed beyond their control and I can certainly cut some slack for that, but other issues are not as excusable. At the time I ordered there was no indication in the Ebay auctions or the website that the product was not really in stock... then I receive a tracking number for an item that apparently didn't ship for days after the issuance of the number (if indeed it has even shipped yet...). These things are kind of misleading and are under Idealsound's control so I'm less inclined to be all that accepting... at the very least there should have been some kind of email message telling the customer what was going on. This is the second time I've had a less-than-perfect experience and getting near the last...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back