Is Paul (Idealsound) OK?
Sep 2, 2004 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

vranswer

1000+ Head-Fier
Have sent two separate emails to Paul regarding different questions and didn't hear back on either issue. Very unlike him, as I've purchased several things from him and he's usually very responsive. Anyone have any contact with Idealsound lately?

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 26
Here is a copy of Paul's post regarding the problems he is having:

Hi fellow Headphonephiles/Earphonephiles,

This is Paul Chua, owner of iDealSound. We have been getting a lot of email from anxious and rightfully stressed customers that recently bought a 6i from our new site www.discountheadphones.com

I would like to let everybody know that if your unit has not shipped out already it is going out tomorrow. I contacted Mark Piepinbrink (CFO of Etymotic Research) this morning and told him that I was SWAMPED by ridiculous demand for the ER6i and that I need as many as they can spare PRONTO!!! I had to raise the price of the 6is, though if you ordered prior to 6:30 P.M. PST today you have grandfathered the incredible price of $109.99

They are actually working get me 200 units that will arrive fresh at our shipping center tomorrow! Rest assured everybody will have their 6Is by the end of the week or sooner!

I want to thank you for all those that have been patiently waiting; I know some people have been waiting for as long as 1 week! As some of you know, we pride ourselves with providing prompt shipment and treating everybody fairly. We want to continue this tradition and we thank you for bearing with our growing pains as we grow and continue to share the passion of music to all!

We were out this weekend on our emails though we have responded to all emails in our server today, and you can expect a response within 24 hours if you send us an email at idealsound@mail.com

For those that are not familiar with us, take comfort at our track record - we have over 2500 happy customers and have an incredible 100% satisfaction record on eBay!

You can view our feedback here:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayIS...erid=idealsound

Thanks again to all and rest assured you will soon be enjoying your 6i

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 26
I am curious though. Has anyone else received their 6i's in the last couple of days? I ordered mine on Sunday the 22nd of August. After sending a couple of emails, he responded that my pair had shipped on Thursday the 26th. So far I have not received them and that was a week ago.

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 26
I sent one email on Tuesday and received reply later on that day. Replied to that on on Wednedsday and got a reply in 24 hours.

However I don't know if it was Paul or not, since there was no name on email.

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #5 of 26
he gave me a tracking number the very day I ordered, and now that tracking number is appearing both on USPS and on the UK Handler ( I live in London) , Parcelforce. Parcelforce list it as a 24 Hour service, fingers crossed I will have ti by tomorrow afternoon - so his service has been very good in my case
He now has the Er6i on Ebay, that means he must have lots of them ready for delivery....

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 26
to rt297:

I also ordered on the 22th
I have the same problem, after several mails i received a tracking number for global express (I live in belgium) and paul promissed me he shipped them the 25th.
Problem is the tracking number I received is not known by usps, so I have no way of tracking my order. I told him I was leaving on holiday today (my bags are packed), and he told me to pay more for the express delivery, so they would arive on time. During my vacation there is nobody home, so I have to ask somebody to stay at my home for receiving the package, but without tracking ? A very unhappy customer

Sep 2, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 26
The waiting is part of the fun man! I'm waiting for mine too, they are approaching the amount of time it took to get my custom IEMs. LOL!

Update: I just received an email from USPS informing that my 6i's had been delivered! that automatic status email update feature at their site actually works!

Sep 2, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #8 of 26
.i`m no longer waiting my plainleaves in two hours (i`m typing this mesageon the airport on my clie th55) i will see what hapend when i return in two weeks, i hope they don`t send them back to the US

Sep 2, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 26
I don't consider waiting around for an email reply that you don't know is coming part of any "fun." I just want the products that I buy to arrive as quickly as promised and in the described condition. I feel lucky that I was able to get a refund from iDealSound after less than a week's worth of unanswered email. They need to seriously hire some employees to take care of this, or their business will lose whatever reputation it has left.

Sep 2, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by rt297

For those that are not familiar with us, take comfort at our track record - we have over 2500 happy customers and have an incredible 100% satisfaction record on eBay!

You can view our feedback here:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayIS...erid=idealsound

Thanks again to all and rest assured you will soon be enjoying your 6i

For those of you who aren't happy with their service, maybe it would help get their attention if you start affecting that 100% satisfaction rate.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayn
Update: I just received an email from USPS informing that my 6i's had been delivered! that automatic status email update feature at their site actually works!

Yes, it's called delivery confirmation and it does just that!

Sep 3, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 26
so far i am happy w/ their service. i wanted to order 6i from him when the price was still 110, but my paypal was not ready yet. after 1 email he allowed me to get 6i for 110 whenever my paypal was ready. i ordered them today.
etysmile.gif
and his email response was very fast. i send him 4 emails and all of them were answered really fast

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #13 of 26
Woah! Before anyone negatives idealsound over the ER6i delivery consider his predicament as he describes it on this forum. Demand exceeds supply and probably exceeds capacity to efficiently reply to all queries on orders. Having ordered three items from the UK in the past, Paul has been undoubtably the most efficient and pleasant bloke to do business with. Consider also that his consistantly unbeatable prices are probably as a result of very tight overheads ...like staff
tongue.gif
I suspect he is agonising over having to rely on others to fulfill the demand. Give a good vendor and sponsor of this community a break!

Sep 3, 2004 at 7:52 AM Post #14 of 26
Another positive vote for Paul - solid service. Not flawless and error-free, but he's fair and honest and will make any mistakes right. (And will usually throw you a bone, too.)

Sep 3, 2004 at 9:50 AM Post #15 of 26
OK,
i just looked on the internet side of USPS and i couldn't believe my eyes, my phones were shipped to Europe from Frisco on September 1st.
Paul assured me in his mail he shipped them August 25th, so the mail in the US is either very slow (8 days from Paul's place to San Francisco or somebody was lying to me.

Can anybody tell me, how i can track them in europe (GLS doesn't accept USPS tracking numbers), because i have to ask somebody to stay at my house for receiving the package
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back