Is negative feedback warranted?
Dec 30, 2004 at 2:07 PM Post #16 of 21
I agree with everything your saying Jose, but considering the sellers exellent feedback, it's quite possible that something important came up that's preventing him from completing the transaction. Pure speculation I know, but unfortunately that's all there is to go on for now. It doesn't make much sense to me that the seller would intentionally be trying to blow you off over a stethoscope?

Dec 30, 2004 at 2:55 PM Post #17 of 21
Blame USPS - it sucks, better than UPS, but still sucks. PO is always overcrowded, rates are higher than at FedEx, they got no real tracking and they are slow during holidays. I had a package go out to me via fedex ground on monday before christmas and it arrived to me on wednesday, I shipped a package on tuesday before christmas and it arrived to the buyer on thursday, fedex delivered both in three days flat via the cheapest possible way. On the other hand someone sent me a package via USPS on tuesday last week and it only arrived yesterday - took it EIGHT frigging days to get here...

Dec 30, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #18 of 21
Communication is the key here and you aren't getting it. It does not take 5 seconds to reply to your emails and give you a status. Slow mail or inability to get to the post office does not give the seller the right to blow you off. A simple "things are hectic, I will try to ship your item tomorrow" would suffice. Things do happen though.

Dec 30, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #20 of 21
The seller should have at the very least let you know the status of your purchase.
I bought some stuff from an eBay business the Wednesday before Christmas. The stated shipping policy said they ship on Friday. So, I was expecting it to ship on Friday. Monday morning, I got an email stating that due to the holiday, they shipped my stuff that day. Okay, fine. The point is they communicated with me what was going on.
A private seller should at least try to be watching the computer the day his auction ends. He should at least communicate an estimated shipping date that same day, or the next business day. Even if they can't ship the items that day, they should tell you when they can. This total silence you are getting is unacceptable. If the seller was not going to be available they should not have listed the auction to end at that time. It's not like a for sale ad that is open ended. There is a date that the auction closes and one should be available on that date.
Isn't 14 days the usual time limit for no response? Give him that long and then leave negative feedback.

Dec 31, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #21 of 21
Remember that negative feedback will surely get you absoultely NO response. So if you are confidient that the seller will not send you your product then I think you can go ahead and file for negative feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back