Is my soundcard holding back my headset?
Jan 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Quantos

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

So, I'll explain my situation. A couple years back, I had to buy a soundcard because the onboard audio on a previous motherboard broke. The soundcard in question is an Asus Xonar DS, pretty standard onboard replacement, I think. Now, I am not well versed when it comes to audio stuff, but my understanding is that this soundcard is quite basic, and doesn't have an amp. Skip forward last year (well, 2012), my headset broke as well, and had to be replaced. After looking around a bit, I found a good deal on a Beyerdynamic MMX300, and bought that. 

Now, I'm afraid that I might not be getting the full potential out of that headset. However, I'm not really sure what I should looking for, if anything. Would an amp/soundcard be a good idea in combination with this headset? If yes, should I be looking for an amp to plug into the current soundcard, or a soundcard that has an amp on it?

Halp! 
blink.gif

edit: oh, in case that is relevant, I want to have a sound that is as versatile as possible, in that it should be good games, music, movies, whatever! 

edit2: well, after reading some more, I'd say the answer to the topic's question is definitely "yes". What to do, though! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back