is my soundcard compatible with ASIO4ALL drivers? HELP PLEASE
Jul 3, 2013 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zlobnijanez

New Head-Fier
hi, I am buying new computer with motherboard ASUS, LGA1155, IB75 (P8B75-M LX 
PLUS) which has HD Realtek® ALC 887 soundcard. Do you think ASIO4ALL drivers will work on this soundcard (i need it for FL studio )

tnx guys

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Cannot be 100% sure but It should as ASIO4ALL, is not a real ASIO driver, it is actually a kernel streaming driver IIRC. -It is meant to offer these features to devices that do not support them natively.
If you are using your system for studio and music production I would suggest getting rid of the onboard and buying at least an entry level soundcard.  You would get much better results for sure!

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 5
thx for reply bro. Somewhere on the Image Line website (creators of FLstudio) I read that sound card is not important if you are not recording live instruments, the only thing that is important is that it supports ASIO drivers. I will not record stuff so I dont know if I really need new sound card. What do you think :)

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 5
Of course the card or interface is important!  A cheap recording device will give you cheap results.  This is why recording studio use high end recording interfaces.  ASIO or others are important but the quality of the device is paramount in these cases.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Thats what I found on the internet. It looks like it doesnt affect the quality of the sound processed in FL, but does it affect the sound that comes out of speakers?

The only time your sound card will affect the sound quality of your final rendered tracks is if you have used recordings or samples made with it in your track. Otherwise, your soundcard is just playing back digital audio data that has been processed by FL Studio and this has nothing to do with the soundcard.

http://support.image-line.com/knowledgebase/base.php?ans=62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back