Is my sound card broken?
Jun 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

c0reyl

New Head-Fier
Okay, so digital audio works flawlessly, but I can't get my headphone amp to work, even after replacing the OPAMP with a different older one. Is it possible for ESD to kill the DAC in my sound card to kill all analogue audio function?

Also, I lost my 15 din thingy that has analogue surround sound, my card is an Auzentech X-Fi Home Theater HD, and you guys will probably flame me for getting it because everyone seems to think it's garbage for some reason, but I got it because it had a great headphone amp with interchangeable OPAMPS, and it has HDMI pass through which only two sound cards in the world can do.

See that VGA looking cable? a VGA monitor cable plugs into my sound card fine, so I need help figuring the pinout to fabricate a new D-sub connector for my sound card to see if my OPAMP just doesn't work for the headphone amp, or if the DAC is dead which means only digital audio will work? is that even possible to have digital work fine and not analogue? I'd like to hook up my studio monitor setup back since I moved.

But I have a feeling you guys will just say it's a ****ty card and buy an new one lol

edit:

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/opamp_LME49710MA.php

for $25, I can get this Opamp for my sound card, if my DAC isn't dead, the specs on it are:

[size=11pt] element14 APAC[/size]

ic, op amp, hifi audio, powerwise; no. of channels:1; supply voltage range:± 2.5v to ± 17v; thd + n:0.00003% @ 600ohm, vdd=15v; load impedance:600ohm; operating temperature range:-40°c to +85°c; amplifier case style:soic; no. of pins:8; svhc:no svhc (19-dec-2011); base number:49710; gain bandwidth:55mhz; load impedance min:600ohm; no. of amplifiers:1; op amp type:low noise; package / case:nsoic; slew rate:20v/µs; supply voltage max:17v; supply voltage min:2.5v; termination type:smd

Is this even considered good at all for all of you extreme audiophiles who have like $1500+ headphone amps the size of my home theater receiver?

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 3
Well, an audio card is an audio card. It obviously doesn't have the quality of a 1500$ item but it didn't cost has much. Also what fit for you might not fit for others. IE: if you are unable to spend 1500$ then an audio card is just fine... I also never heard that many bad review about the Auzentech X-Fi Home Theater.

For troubleshooting Auzentech equipment you might have a better chance at asking their forum/website. They probably have already heard of such a problem if its remotely common. It might take long to get a ticket trough but at least they made the thing so they know how it work.

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 3
They have pretty bad customer service, so I don't think I'll be getting any help or I'd have RMA'd it a long time ago. I have the worst luck with **** breaking. Funny how the service rep for Velodyne says the model of my subwoofer isn't supported anymore, go buy the new model, yeah, waste like 4 grand, we won't help you!

Like, all my **** is broken lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back