Is my room no good for speakers??????
Oct 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gr33nL34f

100+ Head-Fier
hello, just want to hear some opinions on room accoustics and what not.i have a weird shaped room and i'm having a hard time trying to figure out if its worth buying bookshelf speakers because frankly i dont know where i would place them. i did a little floor plan type drawing a couple weeks ago and the table i was using has been replaced by a shallow L shape desk so the bookshelf speakers i want will not fit. anyways heres is how my bedroom is laid out theres a hallway on the other side of the wall thats why the wall pretrudes and it's perfectly square/rectangle whatever you want to call it.
6ldNAap.png

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 10
What is the problem? Will you be sitting on the bed or in the chair when listening?

Oct 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 10
The chair at the desk is too close to the wall. Ideally having the chair closer to the center of the room,
and the speakers further apart from each other would probably be best. If you must sit in the chair where it
is, then placing the speaker for your right side would be an issue. You could get smaller speakers, and 
put one where the lamp is. You could put the other one on a small table under the window. Not ideal, 
but about the best you can do without moving the desk and chair.

Oct 2, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 10
i have an arm chair i could put infront of that window beside the desk and put the speakers where the painting is on speaker stands what do you think about that? im worried about some sorta reflection bouncing off that wall or something next to the speaker. heres what im talking about. sorry if im being annoying. :p
mWwMEH9.png

Oct 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #8 of 10
I don't know. Not sure exactly what you mean. I do know that most listening room setups seem to have the listener close to the center of the room. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #9 of 10
It's a nearfield - as long as the room in general has a low noise floor either from isolation or from a quiet house/neighborhood, generally you only really need to deal with the area around the speakers. Get some kind of sound dampening material that absorbs sound waves and put them on the wall where the right speaker is closest to manage the reflections coming from that side, also the wall behind the speakers. Apart from that sound leaks through the window but nothing can be done about that aside from walling up the window, but you'd need it for ventilation when it's hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back