Is my PCDP any good?
Jan 13, 2004 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DJ Fusion

Head-Fier
Sony D-EJ825 slimline CD walkman

d_ej825_b.jpg

I really dont know much about this unit other than I liked the look of it when I bought it, but now that I've got some Grados coming my way I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's a decent unit or not.

Ta!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 11
Well, why don't you tell us how you like it with your Grados? Also, and this is just a tiny reminder, every time you look for info about something, try a search first. In the best case, your question has already being asked and aswered. If it doesn't, well, you can always be the first
biggrin.gif
. Anyway, that player looks really nice, is it plastic or metal?

Jan 13, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 11
I remember when these first came out. It's middle of the pack; 725 was considered a better value with similar sound, 925 sounded better but more expensive. In the range of modern underpowered PCDP, they're all average to above average.

Jan 17, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 11
Another question.

A lot of people talk about this unit having a weak headphone out.

I'll be using the line-out and I wondering what the chances are of this line-out being the same as in the Sony 925 Cd player which a few of you recommend and use.

Line-out, META42, Grado SR60s?

Jan 17, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by DJ Fusion
Another question.

A lot of people talk about this unit having a weak headphone out.

I'll be using the line-out and I wondering what the chances are of this line-out being the same as in the Sony 925 Cd player which a few of you recommend and use.

Line-out, META42, Grado SR60s?

I'd hazard a guess: good. Generally, Sonys from the same series have the same insides, and differ mostly in features/casing.

Jan 18, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #7 of 11
To be honest, I gave mine away... that was the inspiration for my PCDP review... to show just how bad things have got...

Jan 18, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #8 of 11
Duncan, what happened to that link in your sig that links to your review?
i feel that link is very useful, as i alway search for your post so i can link to your review
just a thought
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 18, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
To be honest, I gave mine away.

Even based on the line-out performance? Maybe I shouldnt have sold my MZR-700 minidisc so quickly, it might have had a better line-out.
frown.gif

Jan 18, 2004 at 9:00 AM Post #10 of 11
R700 dosent have a line-out, and dont feel soo bad.. it's headphone out sounded horrible to me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 18, 2004 at 9:23 AM Post #11 of 11
DJ Fusion...

Don't feel so bad... You see, I've had my D777 since new (from 1995)... and was concious that it was getting old, and wanted a replacement... so bought the EJ825 blind (or is that deaf?) as it had a good battery life, and a CD-Text remote control...

Anyway... as soon as I heard it for the first time, I realised that it couldn't match the 777... that doesn't mean that its bad per se... just not as good as the bottom level of the real good players
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back