IS MY MOTHERBOARD CPU SOCET Damaged?
Jun 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Sofronitsky0423

100+ Head-Fier
Intel tech support is a joke.... I couldn't understand a word that any of the three tech-support guys said on 3 separate calls. Just bought a DP965LT motherboard and was about to install the cpu when I was examining the 775 cpu socket (please note that I've never done this before so I'm not sure what I'm looking for). The seems like a simple question for anyone who has ever put a pc together (w/ intel 775 motherboard) yet i can't seem to get an answer from anyone. It's been sitting on my desk for an hour now... I could really use some help. Thanks

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/...3m_c25ba25.jpg

http://img40.picoodle.com/img/img40/...2m_6d85928.jpg

I believe that the 4 missing contact points on the top and bottom of the socket are normal, but what about the 6 missing [blocks... not sure the righ term.] in the center...

thanks.

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 23
I'd recommend going here

Make an account and show these guys what your problem is. They can help you out.

I recently put together an LGA775 system but I never really paid attention to that part. So I cant really say myself if its normal or not.

Just sign up on Hard forum if you dont get a definitive answer here.

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 23
Just be safe and RMA it to the retailer/etailer that you bought it from. You really can't go wrong, and what will you lose...shipping costs?
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 23
this seems like a simple question to anyone whos ever seen a 775 cpu socket before, i don't get it. it either looks right or it doesn't. I don't want to return it and wait a week to get another one if the one I have is fine...

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 23
No problem. Yeah, I'm no electronics expert, so I couldn't tell you what those things are called. I know what capacitors, transistors, and voltage regulators are....and that's about it
tongue.gif

What processor are you dropping in that puppy?

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #15 of 23
since the only programs I plan to use on this audio-only PC are foobar2000, EAC, and a pdf viewer ... I saved some cash and went with the e4400. (I've got 1.5 tb storage for my cd/ lp collection
smily_headphones1.gif
) So a budget machine.. so far the installation has been a nightmare... I didn't get the right number of MB mounting screws with my case so I had to drive for an hour to a pc hardware store and bought some more... when I got home they didn't fit the standoffs... had to go back and buy new standofsfs. This is my second day of building and I just got to the motherboard.. now this, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back