is my custom isolating well if.....
Mar 13, 2012 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fir3dp

Head-Fier
I have to press my custom, applying pressure if I wanted it to isolate more. And by more I mean there is a sufficient difference.

After reshelling, they isolate less than comply too.

as this is my first custom, I'm unsure of how he should sound

Btw its from UM

Thanks.. W

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I have to press my custom, applying pressure if I wanted it to isolate more. And by more I mean there is a sufficient difference.
After reshelling, they isolate less than comply too.
as this is my first custom, I'm unsure of how he should sound
Btw its from UM
Thanks.. W

A custom should fit perfectly and shouldn't have much room, if any at all, to be pushed in further. Are you getting a seal? There are seal tests you can do online such as this one here to see if you are getting a good seal. If not, a refit may be in order. 

However, etys and some other highly isolating universals + foam tips can also isolate more than acrylic shelled customs. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 4
i have decided to send it back.. theres a leak in the left side and the iem in general does not isolate well at all.. 

will having a longer stem provide better isolation? because i am using it for playing drums

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 4
I don't think a seal depends so much on the stem length; I think it has more to do with the ear moulds, and then how closely the customs themselves follow the moulds. What really matters is how well the IEM fills up the ear hole, not how deep they go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back