Is my Beyerdynaic a2 a weak amp chord quest and topping d50s sound the same
Apr 15, 2020 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lodwales81

Head-Fier
hello all,

my current music chain is as follows

PC- sotm sms 200- chord qutest- Beyerdynamic a2 amp- Beyerdynamic T1 G2 or DT1900 pro

I have recently purchased a topping d50s to pair with my Darkvoice but tried it in the chain above removing the qutest, and noticed almost no difference. I have just purchased a quality usb cable and now wondering if the A2 amp may be affecting the sound so much that I can't tell the difference between dacs. I remember watching a z review on YouTube on the A20 amp, and he made the comment about heavy compression on the sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or maybe its the simple fact that the topping dac is just as good as my qutest.

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #2 of 5
hello all,

my current music chain is as follows

PC- sotm sms 200- chord qutest- Beyerdynamic a2 amp- Beyerdynamic T1 G2 or DT1900 pro

I have recently purchased a topping d50s to pair with my Darkvoice but tried it in the chain above removing the qutest, and noticed almost no difference. I have just purchased a quality usb cable and now wondering if the A2 amp may be affecting the sound so much that I can't tell the difference between dacs. I remember watching a z review on YouTube on the A20 amp, and he made the comment about heavy compression on the sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or maybe its the simple fact that the topping dac is just as good as my qutest.

A2 or A20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back