Is my 12 x 12 foot room to little for the Polk RTi A7's
Nov 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

petercintn

Head-Fier
Polk is running a get a free PSW111 sub if you spend 499 dollars on qualifying speakers.  The only question is should I get a pair of the RTi A7's or get a pair of RTi A3's and a CSi A4 center.  I really don't care about the HT crap though I have a 5.1 Pioneer and the 3s and A4 would round out the 5.1 (and give me better sounds with the King Cimson remastered 5.1 stuff, but that's not really needed.)  I already have a pair of RTi4's.  I will be using these as front speakers.

The A7's are about twice as much as the A3's right now.

But what about the room size?  RTi7's overkill or not.  Plus I live in an apartment, will the A7's sound good at low volumes.

A second consideration is I plan on going with Decware's CSP2+ and the Taboo next year sometime. I think the Decware stuff will drive the RTi7's but maybe some of you know for sure rather it can or not. Both the A3s and the A7s are 89db.

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 5
I think their very nice for the $150 I paid for them.  They should be cheaper now that there discontinued.  If your not a bass head you will not need a sub.  I'm no audiophile, but these speakers are detailed, punchy and you can hear each instrument in its own space (but that may be my DAC.)  I think if you push them to hard they start lose the detail but it could be my old ears or my receiver.  The receiver is 120 watts per channel and goes from -100 to 0 and I listen to them at -45 to -60.  They start to lose detail in the -20's, but I'd get kicked out of the apartment if I run them at -35 all the time.

How big is your home gym?  How loud do you want the sound?  I think they sound great but my room is small.  And they do have very nice wall hangers on the back, but I have no idea how that affects the sound.

Also the RTi A1's are going for $218 right now on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back