Is MoonAudio a reliable seller? Would you buy from an unauthorized dealer? Where to find Focal Clear's for sale? Difference between Clear's and Clear Pro's?
Mar 31, 2018 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RedVelvetLuna

Head-Fier
After finally deciding on buying the Focal Clear's, I was expecting to go to their website or on Amazon and buying them easily, however this wasn't the case.

First off, looking at Focal's authorized online retailers, only one company even carries the Clear's, which is Crutchfield. They are sold out however, and do not get them back in stock until around June, but I need them by the end of April.

Focal's website does not carry it themselves, instead sending you to a page to find a dealer near your location. There is not a dealer within hundreds of miles of Dallas, and I would rather not take a day long roadtrip unless I really had to.

Amazon also doesn't carry them, however someone selling on Amazon gets them back in stock in.. mid April with a fulfillment by Amazon. This may be the best option, but I'm not sure how I feel about buying 1500$ new headphones without getting the proper warranty that comes along with buying them from an authorized dealer.

The only dealer that does have them is MoonAudio, which I have never heard of. Would you buy something like the Clear's from them? Are they reliable with a decent warranty / return policy? I feel like someone more involved in the audio world may know more about them then I do.

Also, is there a difference between the Clear's and the Clear Pro's? I know the pro's have a different color scheme, comes with less cables, but also comes with an extra pair of ear pads, but this does not seem like something worth a 200$ price increase for.

Thank you in advance for reading my post and offering any help you have to give. :) <3

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 5
Moon Audio is def legit...One of the bigger names in the hobby to be honest.

Todd The Vinyl Junkie also carries the Focals and is another legit place to buy.Todd also offers product tours occasionally.Great guy to deal with.

https://www.ttvjaudio.com/

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Bought the Focal Clears from MoonAudio just last week. Bought a Marantz SACD from them about a decade ago before they had their current storefront in Cary, NC. Clears were shipped via 2day FedEx. Arrived double boxed. Would definitely recommend.

I'm currently running mine through a Dragonfly Red to an Ear+ HD with RCA NOS tubes, but would be interested to hear what you are planning on running yours with. Focal recommends running balanced for the best sound, so i'm in search of a good balanced tube amp.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Bought the Focal Clears from MoonAudio just last week. Bought a Marantz SACD from them about a decade ago before they had their current storefront in Cary, NC. Clears were shipped via 2day FedEx. Arrived double boxed. Would definitely recommend.

I'm currently running mine through a Dragonfly Red to an Ear+ HD with RCA NOS tubes, but would be interested to hear what you are planning on running yours with. Focal recommends running balanced for the best sound, so i'm in search of a good balanced tube amp.
How do you like them? :)

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Still breaking them in but i like what i hear so far. Having exclusively listened to the RS1s for years, these Focals present a similar soundstage.... possibly a bit more depth. The Focals are just as resolving and engaging as the Grados to my ears. I do find the Focals over-the-ear style to be far more comfortable than the on-the-ear RS1s. Looking forward to trying these with a balanced amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back