is KARMA hard drive problem really a issue?
Feb 12, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mech_e
You don't really need an amp with the karma, imho. The parametric eq lets you balance out the vast majority of cans.

just to clear things up for the OP, the EQ will help tailor the sound to suit your listening tastes. it will not help drive "power-hungry" headphones. you need an amp to do that.

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #17 of 27
i've been tempeted to pick a karma up but i just bought a micro and a chaintech av-710. im gona buy some e3c's later on in a couple months i think. not to mention new ski boots which will cost twice as much as the karma...if you guys think being a audiophile is expensive try being a skiing audiophile
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
i've been tempeted to pick a karma up but i just bought a micro and a chaintech av-710. im gona buy some e3c's later on in a couple months i think. not to mention new ski boots which will cost twice as much as the karma...if you guys think being a audiophile is expensive try being a skiing audiophile
tongue.gif

you need an amp
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rab10
There hasn't been an adapter developed, like the ipods SIK adapter for the Karma, so that amping the player with an external headphone amp can be easily accomplished.

One guy who would be a good bet to pull it off would be Xin but he's so busy with his site/amp business that I doubt he'd be inclined to help. Yet, with that great eq, I've not really had the urge to amp the Karma.

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
you need an amp
very_evil_smiley.gif

i refuse, dont try and suck me into another category of equiptment where i'll need to spend yet ANOTHER 50-100$.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

i refuse, dont try and suck me into another category of equiptment where i'll need to spend yet ANOTHER 50-100$.
biggrin.gif

a Zu cable to a Gilmore or a glass toslink to a AOS looks nice....

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Actually, both the amps you "need"....the supermacro and sr-71...are in the $375-390 range. Don't forget...you NEED those amps.
cool.gif
cool.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

tongue.gif

I hear you on the skiing-phile side of things
biggrin.gif
If you get e3s with a karma, you can definately save the money on an amp for half a lift ticket
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
a Zu cable to a Gilmore or a glass toslink to a AOS looks nice....

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Actually, both the amps you "need"....the supermacro and sr-71...are in the $375-390 range. Don't forget...you NEED those amps.
cool.gif
cool.gif

oh man this is so not cool....

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #27 of 27
Just trying to fit in. I refer you guys to my plea to have someone stop me from buying a Blockhead. Folks here were oh so helpful. I learned a lot about the spirit of this place from that thread.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back